TV bench for use under a projector screen?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by Sotiris, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Sotiris

Sotiris
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I've set up my projector in my living room (oh yea!) but I'm looking for a suitable wooden TV bench, which is quite wide to put under the screen to store my AV receiver, blu ray player...and to also put my centre speaker on top. I will not be putting a TV on top.

I found this image, which is advertising projector screens, but it's the TV bench I'm interested in. Anybody know where I can purchase one like that? Or similar design?

Home Theatre Products from Draper

Or can anybody point me to a recommended site that has suitable TV benches for me to look at?

Thanks

Sotiris.

2. Carlos123

Carlos123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i'm also looking for something very similar but in white. The closest I found is from boconcept but it is very expensive. I'm looking at spending around £400 max.

Modern media units - Quality from BoConcept

My alternative idea was a bit of DIY and putting 2 of these back to back to make up the thickness of my equipment. I could then have a piece of white stained glass cut for on top.

CD and DVD Storage from £5 | Shop with IKEA

3. Sotiris

Sotiris
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny enough IKEA has some good solutions, with simplicity in mind. Here's their overall collection:
    IKEA TV Stands | Buy Television Cabinets & Units

The BESTA series seems suitable, as you can combine it with drawers if you like, and they're all available in white. Plus it's cheap!

but the one closest to what I will be going for is:
    BESTÅ TV bench - black-brown - IKEA

I will remove the middle horizontal shelf so it can hold my AVR, and place my centre speaker on top of the bench.

Do keep your eyes open for any more alternatives, though.

4. toadz

toadz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +165
  5. Carlos123

Carlos123
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Looks good. I need one with only the center speaker on show, resting on top. The other half doesn't want to see my equipment.

I'm hoping a trip to ikea solves the problem. I just can't seem to find something about 2 meters long but very low. Want doors or a flap.