DanRogers

Novice Member
TV Audio Out Hum.
I have a Vizio 60" TV. I am wanting to output the audio to external speakers. I have tried several amp and speaker combinations using the RCA audio out jacks, and it works fine when the TV is on, but when the TV is turned off a noticeable/loud hum emanates from the external speakers. Also when the TV is turned back on and Very Loud pop is happens in the speakers. I have tried inline filters with no difference. I have searched around looking for solutions and am thinking TV's audio out is just bad.
Question1: Would sending the audio out through the spdif eliminate the problem and is there a spdif speaker/sound bar (low end price point) that would not require a separate remote, to control the sound (use TV volume control).
Question2: Is there another solution
thank you anyone that can give any help on this.

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
Question2: Is there another solution
Turn amp off, or select another source, before switching TV off... and reverse operation when powering on?
SPDIF-> rca adapter would probably not hum but the pop may still happen, if generated by TV's psu's coming up on switch on.

avsforums is the USA version of this UK/EU one and may have some other thoughts on the specifics of your kit/US and power issues.

DanRogers

Novice Member
Thank you for the reply. Turning off the amp is not a option for me in this application. The amp must be left on all the time. Multiple users that would not be able do it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom