TV Audio Help Needed

wardieuk

Standard Member
What would sound better? If I plug a 65" tv via eARC into a Bluesound Powernode with a pair of KEF q550's to create a stereo set up with the possibility of
later adding a sub for 2.1 OR just getting something along the lines of a Sonos Arc.
I know the Sonos gives me better audio formats for tv and the Bluesound and Speakers better separate options for Music playback HOWEVER, what I don't know,
is how a tv with 2 speakers will sound and whether its better to save money (approx £450) and go with the Sonos. I would love some insight on this and what you guys would opt for (this is for a new rear extension we've built and not main TV room) Thanks

ShanePJ

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Although sound is suggestive, I'd be very surprised if the Sonos would be a better performing solution than the Kef's in any area

How have you set your TV up and where do you feel the sound is lacking?

Last edited:

Gasp3621

Distinguished Member
What would sound better? If I plug a 65" tv via eARC into a Bluesound Powernode with a pair of KEF q550's to create a stereo set up with the possibility of
later adding a sub for 2.1 OR just getting something along the lines of a Sonos Arc.
I know the Sonos gives me better audio formats for tv and the Bluesound and Speakers better separate options for Music playback HOWEVER, what I don't know,
is how a tv with 2 speakers will sound and whether its better to save money (approx £450) and go with the Sonos. I would love some insight on this and what you guys would opt for (this is for a new rear extension we've built and not main TV room) Thanks

Q550 without doubt over Sonos, very different experience over soundbar. Even Q150 with good looking 60cm stands would be big step up and you will be adding subwoofer later date. If in doubt visit local hifi store listening the Kefs. There is ton of dealers that carries them. You don´t have to buy anything right away.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom