1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Audio and Video into amp = how?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by serdar13, Jan 7, 2004.

1. serdar13

serdar13
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am just wondering how do I get audio and video signals from a Toishiba 42wh36 to a Yamaha RXV1400RDS.

Connecting my dvd, satellite and video is no problem to the amp and into the TV. I need to convert the RF signal going into the tv into the amp so when I watch boring tv I can listen to it through the 6.1 speakers. I was thinking of using a scart to composite cable into the amp, will this work?

Any other suggestions?

2. dejongj

dejongj
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,481
    I'm not certain why you want to output video from the TV...but I think you are out of luck sound wise as that TV doesn't have RCA(phone) outputs for audio...Perhaps one of the three scarts is capable of both input and output and you could do it that way....
    However with a TV like that and an amp like that, do yourself a favour and get Sky+ or a Freeview box. Connect the digital output to your Yamaha and the RGB scart to your TV and hey presto a much better TV picture and fantastic sound....Just make certain you choose a freeview box that has got an optical output for the sound to be processed by your Yamaha...it will sound much nicer than any of the built-in decoders...For the sake of £80 you know it makes sense...