1. Join Now

    AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV as centre speaker with Sony HTK-215

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by goatbadger, Feb 18, 2005.

  1. goatbadger


    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

    I'm hoping to use my Philips 32PF9886 as the centre speaker on my Sony surrond amp.
    Problem is, the Sony has no RCA out for a centre speaker (it uses those silly plastic Sony-only plugs). The TV expects an RCA connector for the centre in.
    I'm not holding out much hope of finding a lead with an RCA connector one end, and the Sony connector the other, but I don't mind soldering the Sony connector to an RCA lead with bare wire at one end. Do such things exist, and where could I find one?

    If I can find or build a lead, would this work? I don't want to risk damaging the TV.

    Thanks for any help!

Share This Page