TV Ariel input/output on Sky Digibox - do you need it?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Jimbob, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Jimbob

Jimbob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi gang

When the sky engineer came around to fit my sky box he ran the standard Ariel (NOT the sky dish input) input into the back of the sky box, then with a different cable from the sky box to VCR, and from there yet another cable from VCR to TV.

Sky -> VCR -> TV

Question: Why would the sky box require a TV Ariel input. I would rather not use this since the analogue quality has dropped sharply since he did this. Can I take this out and have the Ariel running straight back into the VCR like I had before or will this cause problems

Hope you can help!

Jimbob

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No need for the RF connection if you have the digibox connected to the TV and VIDEO via scart.
    I use the two RF's to feed it into different rooms around the house.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,207
    things like this really make me wonder about the expertise of some engineers - actually i think its cos a lot of them couldnt give a sod. Its obvious that you want the main outside signal to be passing through as few electronics as possible.

I've always had my RF connected straight into the video, to the tv (and not into the digibox).

Good idea on the use for feeding to other rooms though.

DC

4. haf

haf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all !
    Can anone help - a bit perplexed

Interested in the multi room feed from digibox. I have no analogue aerial & get standard channels thru NTL box but can I run up to 4 TV'S from box- only 1 RF OR will I have to invest in something like the new Pace free-to-air digibox as an alternative to an outside analogue aerial

Many thanks

Henry