1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV and Video inputs for STRDB780

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by pcpaz, Apr 24, 2003.

1. pcpaz

pcpaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay finally got my amp SONY STRDB780S, all I can say, first impressions, IT ROCKS!!

It has a lot of input on the back of it specially video inputs, how would I use these inputs and would it provide any benefits.

Also the AMP has PLII which I believe it converts NICAM to PLII, what's the best way to input sound from my SONY TV to my AMP.

Cheers

2. F1F3R

F1F3R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i am buying a new amp , was getting a 1080 until i was told today its discontinued. :( after 7 weeks waiting for it .

anyway i am considering the 780 , but dont know what connections it has at the back ?

can you post up a picture of the back connections please ?

best regards

3. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    Ive got a 780. Sorry can't post piccy. I thought you couldn't on this forum anyway, but believe me there are loads of sockets.:D

4. flat spot

flat spot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +34
    pcpaz, I think you'll have to mention the model of your tv so people know the spec of it to reply. My is connected with 2 phono leads from the l/r audio outputs to the tv audio input on amp. (tosh 32zp18q telly)

5. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I have a 780S and am very pleased with it. Unfortunately don't have a digital camera so can't easily post a piccie, but this link will tell you what connections it has:

http://www.techtronics.com/uk/shop/612-sony-str-db780-sacd-receiver.html

I think this is to allow you to hook up your DVD player, Set Top Box etc via S-video so that the sound and video input changes at the same time. You would need to connect the S-video out socket of the amp to either an S-video socket on your TV or to a S-video compatibale scart socket. Haven't tried it as I prefer RGB video from my DVD and my Sky box and VCR can't output S-video. Hope this makes sense - as I haven't tried it can't really comment if this has any advantages....

6. F1F3R

F1F3R
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thnx eletrolyte :smashin: