tv and video direct

Mr_P

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As part of my research into a new set to replace my Sony FS70, I called the sales team at 'tv and video direct' to enquire on the availability of the Loewe 9581 ZW.

On their web site, they price they claim is £1719.99 plus £39.99 delivery charge which includes installation by Loewe trained delivery team.

However on ringing them up, I was quoted an unbelieveable price of £1510 for the set!!!! I double checked and double checked again, yes the Loewe 9581 ZW was indeed £1510.
The cheapest I had found prior was a shade over £1700.

However the delivery charge plus installation had gone up, from £39.99 to £100 leaving the price at £1610.

Does this sound right?

I came off the phone totally bemused, I will have to ring them up tomorrow to check once more?!?

Has anyone had anything delivered from this company and can confirm the delivery price they were charged.

At that price, I might ask what the price is for the Articos as well as the Aconda 9581ZWH which included the expensive cabinet and subwoofer!!!

Stunned!!!!

I bought an articos (platinum) off these guys for 1820 including delivery - it took 7 weeks to arrive from Germany but finally arrives yesterday - awesome! I highly recommend TV & Video Direct.

Their website say £1299 (plus deliv) for Aconda 9281. Phone them up and it's £1440 (inc delivery and installation). Interestingly though they say that a condition of their supplier contract with Loewe is that they (i.e. TV & Video Direct) MUST do the installation.

Well I phoned them back up and they had made a mistake, the prices the quote now are:

£1920 for an Articos in platinum including delivery and installation.

£1760 for an Aconda 9281 ZW, again delivered and installed.

Wilbur, how come you got your set for £1820 for everything?
Also could you let me know what features the Articos has?

ie: PAP, PAT with text from another channel option, PIP?
Does the RGB modes allow you to shift the image, centre, horizontal size etc?
In fact any features you could post would be useful.
Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom