TV and speaker wall mounting labour costs

Rasht

Standard Member
Hi All,
This query has probably been covered already but couldn’t find the relevant discussion thread. I have a pretty small job I would like to get done. I want to wall mount my 55in OLED TV, front and surround bookshelf speakers. I am not good at DIY and so would like to get a professional installer. I don’t want to take risks with my OLED TV.
My living room is about 5m x 3m. The TV is currently on a stand and the front & surround speakers are on individual speaker stands.

I would like the surround bookshelf speakers to be wall mounted to the required height above my ear level. The front bookshelf speakers would be wall mounted at ear level. I would need speaker cables to run along the ground underneath the carpet and up along the walls to the surround speakers.

TV would be wall mounted on a simple fixed bracket without cable management.

Could anyone give me an idea of the likely labour costs for this job? I got a labour quote for £145 for this job so wasn’t sure whether this was the normal cost. Your responses would be much appreciated.

Thanks
WQ

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
So many factors involved!

Where about are you, how easy is parking and access to your property?

If you are having the TV and speakers wall mounted I’d do it properly and have the cables installed too or at least include suitable surface mounted containment in the proposal.

Where will the TV be powered from?

Will you stick with Surround Sound in the long term or would you be considering Immersive (Atmos) as an upgrade as that affects the height you set your Surrounds at!

Joe

PS With everyone coming out of lockdown there is a ton of work in many installers diaries and a huge issue with getting supply of kit - everything is at a premium at present.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom