• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question TV and Satellite distribution

x1nick

Established Member
I'm about to ring round a few places to quote for installing a new TV aerial and satellite dish (for Freesat and possibly Sky in the future). Just want to clarify exactly what I need beforehand.

Goal is to have 10 satellite outputs and 5 TV points between 5 locations, which based on my initial research means I'd probably be best off with a multiswitch in a central location?

Also seems that a round dish is better when combined with a multiswitch?

Assuming I only need two coax runs to each location?

Best cable seems to be WF100?

If anyone knows anyone around the Nottingham area it would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

ChuckMountain

Distinguished Member
Also if you are thinking of having Sky Q in the future it requires a slightly different setup, or rather a multi switch that supports it.

You need to check whether you can still multiplex UHF\Freeview and Sky Q down the same cable as there were some issues.

x1nick

Established Member
Just seen the prices of multi switches which support it, almost fell off my chair!

At the moment my primary focus is Freesat on the TVs, sky boxes would probably centrally located at Node 0 if I ever went down that route.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom