TV and Audio Set up in new home

doppers

Standard Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I would like some advice please and apologies if i'm repeating a question that has already been placed on the site.

Like a few others I have also just purchased a new home and have the opprtunity to chase in wires. What i would ideally like to do is have the TV wall mounted and keep the TV on the wall on its own without any other equipment (except center speaker) to give it a clean look. Then to the left of the TV in an cupobord to be built in the alcove next to the chimney breast I would ideally like to put the sky, Av Amp, Blu Ray (PS4) and NAS Box.

I would like to know if anyone thinks this would be feasible or am i over reaching? Also if I was to still go ahead with adding the speakers to the wall what would be the correct \ideal height for the speakers. The room is 4m by 4m approximately. I am thinking of treating myself to B&W MT50 5.1 Speakers or equivalent. Also i have seen syncbox as i will need to have a number of connections available (Aerial, 2 x CAT5, 2 x HDMI, 1 x optical) at least. This seems like quite an expensive option, what would be another option makig all these connections available in the wall.

I should mention that we have a new baby and this isn't a dedicated cinema room so should i also consider a good sound bar instead of the full 5.1 set up.

I've attached a pic of the alcove for where the cupboard and shelves will house equipment and connection point and also the wall the TV will go onto. Also i have attached current equipment.

Sorry for all the questions, my mind is buzzing with ideas but i just need to get it right as the builder comes in October!

Thanks

Attachments

• Alcove and wall.jpg
    Alcove and wall.jpg
    575.9 KB · Views: 113
  • Current TV set up in flat.jpg
    Current TV set up in flat.jpg
    431.5 KB · Views: 113
It sounds like you're trying to do something similar to another user did a little while back.

I would suggest taking a look at their thread, as they documented their build process quite well, and maybe contacting them to ask for advice.

Home cinema/TV room

It sounds like you're trying to do something similar to another user did a little while back.

I would suggest taking a look at their thread, as they documented their build process quite well, and maybe contacting them to ask for advice.

Home cinema/TV room
Mate, what heads up! :)

Thanks, you were right, great post and its exactly what i want to do.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom