Quantcast

TV Amp Ideas for Q Acoustics 3020i and Sony AG8

Viraj

Novice Member
I have a Sony AG8 and whilst the acoustic surface tech is great, im looking for more of a punchy/live feel, especially when watching movies.

I have managed to pick up a set of barely used Q Acoustics 3020i's and now looking for an amp.

The plan in the short term is to also acquire a subwoofer and run as a 2.1, but potentially a 5.1 in a year or so's time.

Some requirements:
  1. Budget is around 200-300 - i dont mind purchasing second hand or refurbished.
  2. Small/sleek design
  3. ARC capabilities to partner the Sony AG8 ARC
  4. Nice to have - turns on/off with the Sony TV remote and volume can be controlled through TV remote too - essentially trying to limit number of remotes required.
  5. If the above 'nice to have' isnt possible, once set up, apart from controlling volume i doubt ill be interacting with the amp much. So i will try to hide in a drawer and use a infra red extender.

DeepDiver

Thanks for the recommendation, yup I’m happy to wait. Any particular reason why Easter?
I bought my AVRX2500H Last year at that time. It's when they start selling off old stock for new models & any deals for Easter. Saying that though Easter was late last year. Mine is wired up to very old Q Acoustics 1010i bookshelf speakers front and rear with centre speaker. See my sig.

Viraj

Novice Member
Just read the specs for the X2600 and seems like an excellent piece of kit, saying that, X2500 looks great too.

is there anything in the X2600 that makes it striking long better than the X2500 other than eARC?

LX200GPS

I have a Sony AG8 and whilst the acoustic surface tech is great, im looking for more of a punchy/live feel, especially when watching movies.

I have managed to pick up a set of barely used Q Acoustics 3020i's and now looking for an amp.

The plan in the short term is to also acquire a subwoofer and run as a 2.1, but potentially a 5.1 in a year or so's time.

Some requirements:
  1. Budget is around 200-300 - i dont mind purchasing second hand or refurbished.
  2. Small/sleek design
  3. ARC capabilities to partner the Sony AG8 ARC
  4. Nice to have - turns on/off with the Sony TV remote and volume can be controlled through TV remote too - essentially trying to limit number of remotes required.
  5. If the above 'nice to have' isnt possible, once set up, apart from controlling volume i doubt ill be interacting with the amp much. So i will try to hide in a drawer and use a infra red extender.
Bought these speakers a few months back and hooked them up with a Marantz slim line NR 1509. Very happy with the sound. Actually got the 5.1 system and they gave a free pair of speakers too!