TV Aerial splitting

Iccz

Hi guys, just need a bit of quick help with this, i've never split the aerial or signal and basically have no idea what to do to be honest :confused:

The cable comes down from the roof aerial to the living room, i'd like to get a splitter and run a cable 20m up to my bedroom, am I right in assuming I just buy a 2 way splitter and then run the cable from there to my bedroom?

Or is there something else I can do.

Any must do's or don'ts let me know?

Many thanks!

Sonic67

Banned
Why don't you split it in the loft? It seems like the cable is doing a big round trip to get to the bedroom.

Iccz

Why don't you split it in the loft? It seems like the cable is doing a big round trip to get to the bedroom.
Is that an easy job?
Split it in the same way? just plug a splitter in? is that how it works up at the aerial or?
Cause at the moment i'm running cat5 from living room to bedroom so taking a bit of cable up from down there isn't really going to be hard, is there going to be signal degradation or any other reason why to split it up there? instead of run the trip round?

Last edited:

Sonic67

Banned
You are splitting it at some point anyway. Cut the cable and fit plugs onto the ends. Then use a Y splitter or go through an aerial amp powered by a fused spur off the upstairs lighting circuit.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom