TV aerial problems

Alzabal

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi I have an old house with a very poor TV reception down stairs. I would like to put an TV aerial in the loft but can't get a cable from the loft to the ground floor. Are there any products that will transmit a signal from the upstairs to the TV down stairs so i don't need a cable.

Thanks

Alan

Last edited:
Could you not put the aerial on the roof and run the cable down a wall?

You simply cannot "transmit" the entire TV bandwidth wirelessly from one location to another. A properly fitted aerial on the roof and an external cable would seem to be your best choice.

Last edited:
Any competent aerial installer will be able to get aerial cables to the wanted locations. Usual is to go out and down outside walls.

NB The UK TV transmitter network is designed around the use of external aerials an 10 m above ground. That's roughly roof apex / chimney of a 2-storey house. Loft aerials may not work in all locations.

Streaming TV / catchup options from the main broadcasters may be enough for you? Many channels have live TV that way. Then internet wi-fi might work?

HDHomeRun - Watch TV anywhere in your home is another subscription type option where an aerial and the kit in a loft could stream recordings to suitable TVs or devices connected to TVs.

Hi

Thank you you to all that responded to my question. I live in a particularly exposed part of NW Scotland where outside aerials have a short life expectancy! The house is an old stone built from 150 years ago and it is very difficult to route cables.

Cheers

Alan

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom