Question Tv aerial installation help

dkay710

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi.
Can anyone offer a suggestion as to where I've gone wrong?

I've fitted a new aeriel in the loft that's fitted with a 4g filter and booster. From there, I have a Y splitter with a 2 metre run to tv 1.

The other part runs for 12m into another Y splitter. Both these ends run a further 5m into tv2 and tv3.

I'm using pf100 cable.

I can't get all 3 tvs working together. They work as tv1 or tv2 and 3 with some cable juggling, but that's not great!

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20161210_094536.jpg
    20161210_094536.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 91
Y splitters: The bottom male is input and the top V sockets are the outputs...
Connect an input to a socket and the signal passes to the male but nothing gets to the other socket of the top V.

If that is not the cause, then we need more info on aerial make model, the booster make and model and why you have a 4G filter (plus make/model) {as current new aerials and boosters should effectively have these buikt in, and any filter will lose a little signal.}
Location (town, suburb, village name) could also be relevant.

I'm using this aeriel. I think I need a powered amp as the aeriel only has one outlet.

Attachments

• 14813667976802048085149.jpg
    14813667976802048085149.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 125
That's not an aerial I'd ever recommend... Read this Loft and indoor aerial installations for TV, FM and DAB

However, you may just need a couple of TV aerial joiners Online Satellite/TV/FM/DAB Cable, Leads and Connectors sales. to get it to work. Assuming you have standard Belling Lee TV plugs on the Y splitters and a F-plug to belling lee adapter lead.

AERIAL f-socket: <- F plug :-cable-: TV plug -> :Joiner: <- Y-splitter male

Splitter o/p 1 <-> TV 1
Splitter o/p 2 <- TV plug :-cable to other two sets-: TV plug ->:Joiner:<- Y-splitter male
Splitter out/puts: one to each TV2 & 3

EDIT Amplified Outdoor - Indoor Aerial - SV 9455 | One For All | United Kingdom to aid anyone else wanting to know the aerial 52dB gain :eek:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom