TV Aerial install - ITV Digital

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by AMc, Aug 6, 2001.

1. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,657
    I have an ITV Digital box and I am moving to a new house on Friday. The new house has no TV aerial so I need to get one installed.

I have rung a few numbers from the phone book and everyone is offering "free estimates and same day service", prices "from £50+VAT". I'm a bit wary as they all sound a bit cowboyish and I've had very bad experience with 24-7 plumbers from the phone book in the past.

I don't mind paying for a good job, I just have the feeling I'm about to get ripped off.<br />Does anyone have any advice on what I need fitted and who I should use (I'm in Stoke Newington N16)?

AMc

2. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I fitted my own, and a neighbours outside arial.

1) Check the reception at the OnDigital website, i.e. are they claiming good reception in your new area?

2) Take a gander at the other houses, how big the arials, what direction are they pointing in.

3) Is it easy enough for you to fix? For example I fixed mine to a window frame, not everyones idea of a good position, but hey it's my house.

Remember a few areas can cope with an indoor amplified one or at least a good loft arial.

3. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ITVDigital will recommend a local installer.

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +298
    I thought ITVDigital were doing an Aerial upgrade for £40, or maybe the offer has finished.<br />It used to be free, but that was in the early day's of Ondigital.

Tim

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone wishing to find out if there Postcode is within the ITV Digital reception area should log on to:<br /><a href="http://www.dtg.org.uk.retailer/index.htm/" target="_blank">www.dtg.org.uk.retailer/index.htm/</a> and click on to Predicted Coverage by Postcode.<br />If you are in coverage area a good areial company should be able to help.<br />Find an enthusiastic aerial installer that shows an interest. If they huff and puff orare hesitant say goodbye.

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry the Website for ITV Digital Postcodes should have read:<br /><a href="http://www.dtg.org.uk.retailer/index.html" target="_blank">www.dtg.org.uk.retailer/index.html</a>

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After a heavy night last night I have finally got the right Website for Postcodes for ITV Digital Predicted Coverage by Postcode.<br /><a href="http://www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/index.html" target="_blank">www.dtg.org.uk/retailer/index.html</a>

8. delta

delta
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ITVDigital do an aerial upgrade for £40 but if an aerial is supplied that costs more then you pay the difference. At least that is what we did. Having it done meant we could receive all of the channels rather than just a half dozen, so it is well worthwhile.