TV aerial in loft

grnnvrzz

Hi there,

I have an aerial in my loft in the UK, I purchased it over 10 years ago. Its connected to a HDHomeRun CONNECT QUATRO with the storage for recordings on my Synology NAS. I then watch TV via plex across my ethernet network.

Anyway, the picture is pretty good, but it breaks up or pauses every now and again and this is inconsistent. I think its probably the signal and the atmospherics at the time.

I didnt pay much attention when I installed it, from what I remember, I just replaced the existing aerial. I think I could probably do with checking alignment of the aerial to a local transmitter. I havent been able to find a good source for this yet, does anyone have a good link?

And, I suppose I could consider changing aerials. The current one would have been a B&Q job, so certainly nothing expensive. Any recommendations of a good quality aerial I can use in my loft?

Thanks for any help.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Get a log periodic of the correct band for your transmitter. All Log periodics are wide band but can have the higher frequencies rolled of to avoid interference from 5G.

Aerials - A.T.V. Poles, Brackets, Clamps & Aerials. I use a log 36 in my loft to use a relay 30 mls south of me (Lark Stoke)

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom