1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Aerial CAble Installation

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by sxahmed, Dec 13, 2004.

1. sxahmed

sxahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I am in the middle of rewiring the house and would like to share the main aerial connection with 2 bedrooms, so we can get a decent picture.
    The coax cable which comes in from the roof aerial comes in straight to the lounge, there is at least 3 or 4 meters slack from the cable in the lounge. What would i need to do to get this all in place. I have thought about putting in a dist box under teh stairs and routing the cables to the rooms, my other query is how do i get the coax cable to that point, it would need to be extended.

I have also been given some CT100 cable to use.

Thanks in advance.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    What you need is a "TV distribution amplifier". One aerial input and (up to) 6 outputs to feed various rooms. You can get them from B & Q. They need a 240V power source.

3. sxahmed

sxahmed

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    CAn i extend the main feed cable using a extender of some sort to reach the dist box without losing signal quality.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Yes you can. Either buy a co-axial back-to-back coupler and use it with a ready made cable, or make a cable up with a co-axial plug on one end and a co-axial line socket at the other. Maplin Electronics do all the parts if you can't get them at your local DIY store.