1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV Advice required

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by tobydog, May 27, 2003.

1. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi

I am only useing my 14" portable at the mo'
    I left my old 28 Goodmans Pro Logic when I moved house.

So I am starting from scratch, I think I'll be happy with a 28/32 widesreen with one of the Sony Cinema systems we discussed, it's just deciding on the TV.

If it was'nt for my experience with the bendy verticles on the Panny PL1, that would be my choice as the actual picture quality was, imo, superb, I have read several pro and user reviews and all say the same.

I am looking to see the new PS1, if the picture is as good and no bends then I think that will be it.

I'll check back on here daily to see if you have any more good ideas, thanks again for your advice and patience :). Cheers.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    On a 14" you wont make a huge difference unfortunatley. Getting RGB (via Scart) out of Sky box (in setup menu) is important but might not work on 14" doesn't on the missus' then its VCR by scart as well. A good quality scart eg Thor should make the sky menu system more easily veiwable. and remove some of the nastyness of digital.
    Unilt you get a new TV i cant suggest much else othe rthan to have a look a Toshiba as they have decent rep for PQ.

3. tobydog

tobydog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi again

I don't have a problem with the picture on my portable, and It's only a Littlewoods own brand JMB, I bought it for the bedroom, it's just too small for a main set.

I was considering a Tosh strata 23z23, but I read on here that they have problems with the stand.

I notice they have new non-flat 28/32 W33 models out now.

Having had a flatscreen though, I really prefer their look,even though the PQ is the most important feature.

In your opinion/experience do you find Flats are more prone to geometry problems a la the Panny bendy verticles I mentioned?

Problem I find when I have gone into the big multiples to look at them, in one store the picture looks great, the same model in another store the picture looks bad, really confusing.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    I dont have flat set i have a Sony that is so close to falt for a curved screen i didn't see the point. a mate has a Samsung Plano which is OKit has some odd lines that look like underscan but that might be the source. The guy will not learn to use RGB! other than that i like pannies but the bendies would get to me. perhaps the new ones will be fine??? Hoping.