tv 60 hertz mode help!!!!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by simpso, Mar 15, 2005.

Tags:
  1. simpso

simpso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i have a grundig 17" lcd model lcx17wsi. The problem i am having is when using my gamecube console and trying to play a game ion 60 hrz mode the screen goes black and white and jumps.
    Where the mystery lies is that when i put a region 1 dvd into my dvd player the tv plays the film fine and the tv menu even changes to ntsc instead of pal.
    It wont do this for my gamecube though. Any help on what i can do?

2. steeled

steeled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi

Don't know much about the GameCube but maybe it is doing PAL at 60Hz which the TV can not take. PAL at 60Hz is not an official standard but most things can handle it.

HTH

3. simpso

simpso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the tv seems fine when i play usd dvds cus the dvd player has a setting so i can out put on an ntsc signal if i want, the tv then switches to ntsc mode. When i stick the gamecube in on 60hrtz the pictures goes all screwey is there anywa to make the tv go into ntsc mode??

4. Image Retention

Image Retention

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unfortunately I don't think you can. The gamecube outputs a 60Hz signal in PAL colour format - the TV would have to support 60Hz mode independently of the colour system used for this to work. Most modern TVs support this but it was never originally considered important.