1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TV 32'' Progressive Scan and Component connection ?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dzian, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Dzian

Dzian
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, the objective is to acquire a 32'' CRTtelevision that in some near future will be combined with a home theatre system. For that I wanted to buy a TV that would be progressive scan compatible. For that I think is necessary for the television to have a component connection (????). I'm looking for price rounding 1000€.

So far I've seen a Panasonic TX-32PD30,that already exceeds a bit the budget. Also seen a Philips 32 PW 9618 and a Toshiba 32zp38 and 32zd26 (progressive scan only in NTSC i think...) both of them I couldnt find a price in euros, only found uk stores selling them.

For this purpose what is the best TV rounding the 1000€ budget?

Is there any online stores selling the Toshibas outside the UK?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. rob27

rob27

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Hi,

I beleive you can get progressive via scart connection but not sure if you need a component to scart cable.

32/36ZP48's dont know if they would send abroad or what £780 is in Euros :blush:
    Good luck my friend.

3. emfect

emfect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am also looking for a component-capable 32" CRT myself rounding 1000€

And I've found 2 additional options for you that suppory PAL/NTSC progressive through component connectors:

1) JVC hv-32p40b (HDTV 1080i ready, can be found for around 900E in German internet stores)

2) Thomson 32wb642s (32wb643 here in UK?) , Also priced around 900 euros in Germany.

The Panasonic is also on my list but it is a lot more expensive than these two options and the price difference just doesn't seem justified to me...
    Let me know what you decide on..

regards

p.s. Haven't been able to find the Toshiba in ANY Benelux/German internet stores so I wouldn't buy one, for warranty you'd probably have to send it back to the UK?