• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tuscany 2017

Ugg10

Distinguished Member
So, just got back from a wonderful week in Tuscany. Both tiring and relaxing all at the same time. In fact so relaxing one day I forgot to put a card in the camera and the next day forgot the whole camera !!!

We were based near Lari, about 45 minutes from Pisa, 1 hour from Firenza (Florence) and 1 hour from Sienna, ideal location from which to explore. I would recommend a visit if you have not already been, so much to see and do in a fairly small area - great scenery, interesting hill villages, roman ruins, film sets, historic towns, museums, churches, wine tasting, olive groves and even a pretty good coastline with sandy beaches. And may was a good time of year to go I think, 20-25 degs C, very little rain and fewer crowds but Pisa and Florence were still busy.

An almost forgot - house wine at the local restaurant near the hotel was 1 Euro for a 250ml glass and was actually pretty drinkable - hammered for a tenner !

So a few holiday snaps below, still getting to grips with processing so most are over processed but please generally with some of the results. And as I (and others) are finding for this months Competition, Landscape is not as easy as you think.

1) Firenza cathedral

IMG_0872a
by A H, on Flickr

2) the "not leaning" tower of pisa - different5 angle and sun behind

IMG_0824a
by A H, on Flickr

3) Volterra

IMG_0976b
by A H, on Flickr

4) Volterra Amphitheater

IMG_0996b
by A H, on Flickr

5) Volterra Classic car show

IMG_1050a
by A H, on Flickr

6) Lari - Martelli Pasta factory

IMG_1097a
by A H, on Flickr

7) Cloudy day - San Ruffino

IMG_0802a
by A H, on Flickr

8) Statue by the Bridge of Sighs - Florence

IMG_0915a
by A H, on Flickr

9) Another statue by the Tower of Pisa

IMG_0837a
by A H, on Flickr

10) Baptistry at Pisa

IMG_0818a
by A H, on Flickr

more on Flickr and as usual all comments welcome.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom