turtlebeach x41 headset - can anyone hear footsteps?

techmob

Alright guys

i am using the above headset with optical cable to my xbox 360.

i have tried the ingame audio settings of war tapes and home cinema

the general sound on these headsets are good but i never hear people sneaking up behind me and it is always too late before i realise

not sure if it is just my attention as i am trying to take everything in that is going on infront of me and i miss subtle noises or it's something esle

anyone else with this headset clearly hear people sneaking up on you?

Bigbud

Alright guys

i am using the above headset with optical cable to my xbox 360.

i have tried the ingame audio settings of war tapes and home cinema

the general sound on these headsets are good but i never hear people sneaking up behind me and it is always too late before i realise

not sure if it is just my attention as i am trying to take everything in that is going on infront of me and i miss subtle noises or it's something esle

anyone else with this headset clearly hear people sneaking up on you?
I've been told there are no enemy footsteps, most likely a bug.

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
I've been told there are no enemy footsteps, most likely a bug.
Nope you can't hear them we don't no if its a bug or not its not a big deal anyways on this game really.

leckytech

I think its a ferking huge deal. I invest all this money on a quality audio setup and cant hear the ****ers approaching from the rear. Poor show IMO

TcT Sid

I dont hear them either and its a big deal when DICE go on about the sound in this game. In BC2 i saved myself more times hearing someone chase after me. In BF3 the first you know someone is there is when you're dead.

Nozey

Sid skills said:
I dont hear them either and its a big deal when DICE go on about the sound in this game. In BC2 i saved myself more times hearing someone chase after me. In BF3 the first you know someone is there is when you're dead.
The sound is shoddy really - its so annoying when it cuts out completely at a critical time. Sometimes you can actually hear people running but not consistently enough to depend on.

Bawsy74

Yeah. Whats with the sound constantly cutting out? Is this on their fix list for the upcoming patch?

leckytech

Last edited:

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
My own character sometimes makes lots of noise when running and walking, then other times not, but the enemy's footsteps are harder to hear in this game than any other Battlefield title I've played, making it harder to tell if someone is close to you or not.

mattr

I've never heard anyone else's foot fall sounds either, through headphones or speakers.

I also agree the sound cut outs are a pain, usually the m-com siren is the first to cut out, then canon/machine gun fire from vehicles.

leckytech

Have you seen the price of these headsets now! Bloody hell, I had a pre-order with shopto for £76 which hasnt happened and my mate got a pair for £90 a few months back. Now retailing at £145:eek::eek::eek:

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Have you seen the price of these headsets now! Bloody hell, I had a pre-order with shopto for £76 which hasnt happened and my mate got a pair for £90 a few months back. Now retailing at £145
I think the original price for the X41 was either £140 or £160 and then with the release of new Turtle Beach headphones in recent months, the price of the old models came down. Strange the X41 price has gone back up again though.

Scholes18

Paid 144 quid for mine and it's well worth the money. You get what you pay for

BigNevster25

Have you seen the price of these headsets now! Bloody hell, I had a pre-order with shopto for £76 which hasnt happened and my mate got a pair for £90 a few months back. Now retailing at £145:eek::eek::eek:
£90 on Amazon, got them before Forza 4 came out, well worth every penny:smashin:

BAN5HEE

See I was never aware of this bug. I have skipped out on a lot of knife kills becuase of thouht it was too quiet and the guy would hear me. Except alot more knife kills now boys :devil:

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
BAN5HEE said:
See I was never aware of this bug. I have skipped out on a lot of knife kills becuase of thouht it was too quiet and the guy would hear me. Except alot more knife kills now boys :devil:
It also works the other way around. The amount of tags I've lost, because I couldn't hear the enemy is annoying!

leckytech

Need some help, can anyone tell me if these x41's comes with a TOS cable. Bought for my son at xmas but cant get access to them to check as im still offshore..

Cheers

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
leckytech said:
Thanks Sid :smashin: The reason I asked is because I'm behind a damn firewall and cant access gaming sites like the link you kindly provided, but your reply is good enough for me.
That's the great thing about the X41, you get everything you need in the box, the transmitter is even powered by the console. You just need to replace the AAA batteries as and when necessary, or just use high powered rechargeable ones. :thumbsup:

TimmyBee86

Novice Member
Do you really think you would be able to hear footsteps behind you when you're in a battlefield, and you're being stalked by a professional?
This isn't Fat Camp, guys...

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020

Latest News

McIntosh launches MX100 AV processor and MI347 power amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung updates and expands access to Samsung TV Plus
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Disney+ UK introduces GroupWatch co-viewing feature
  • By Andy Bassett