turtle beach xbox one headphone adapter

Discussion in 'Xbox One Accessories' started by techno59, Feb 4, 2014.

1. techno59

techno59

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +73
    I have been onto turtle beach about my broken px5s , but in the conversation with customer support I asked about the release of the xbox one adapter for existing headphones and he said that Microsoft will only allow the sale of the adapter with new headsets with compliance with there license to Microsoft ,and people who have purchased turtle beach headsets before the 31 st of jan will get the free upgrade , Microsoft haven't said they will sell the adapter at a later date as of yet , so if people are waiting for the adapter in the near future forget it !!! , I was going to purchase new headphones anyway , but it looks as if there gonna maximise the sale of new headsets before they sell the adapter

2. KirkSi

KirkSi
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,910
    I'd heard that there was going to be a while where you only got the adaptor with a new headset, but that the adaptor would be available to buy on its own at some point down the line. How long they're going to keep it exclusive to the new headsets is anyone's guess though. I'd have thought a couple of months at least and maybe 6 months at the most.

Consumers will be screaming out for the adaptors and I'm sure MS don't want any more bad will out there towards them. On the other hand, the manufacturers of the new headsets will want to keep them exclusive so people have to buy their new products. If we can get the adaptor direct from MS and keep using our existing headsets then we don't need anything more from them.