Turtle beach warranty

Harlem

Hi people, I have a problem with my turtle beach headset. Now I don't know if the item is considered faulty, but I will explain the situation.

The other day, my internet from my room pretty much crashed. I could not log onto xbox live, My download speed was about 1mb (I am on fibre) and for the last few days I have been testing a few things.

One thing I did today was power off the unit that attaches to the xbox and all of a sudden, everything works fine. Looking on the turtle beach website, their warranty policy is this:

The Warranty covers failing components due to manufacturing defects only. User errors, accidents or acts of god are not covered by any Warranty. If the item was misused, handled improperly, has been physically broken, dropped, stepped on, chewed by a pet, etc. it is NOT covered by this Warranty.
Now, nowhere does it mention any sort of incompatibility issues, but I would be very upset if they would consider this 'not there problem' as the product does not do what it says.

Surely they cannot expect this headset to kill my internet connection, when they are designed for playing online games

Does anybody have any idea about this? Thanks

AudioSlim

Never in the world would headset affect your broadband connection.

Your TB headset should only be taking power via USB from the xbox and of course Audio from whatever source and will in effect be using the bandwidth of XBLive for voice comms.
At no point does your headset have any direct contact with your broadband connection.

I suspect other things are your issue. Are you sure you didnt reboot your router around this same time? That is prime candididate for making your connection fast again.

Slim

DR Kronenbourg

Are you thinking your wireless signal from your headset is interfering with your wireless internet connection to your Xbox? I use wireless TB headset, although now my Xbox is hard wired I used to use it wirelessly and never found my headset had any affect on any of my wireless products connected to my router!

Harlem

Basically my download speeds where dismal and my xbox would not connect to live.

As soon as I unplugged the unit out of the xbox via USB, everything works fine.

I plugged them back in, to test again, and again, everything in my room shuts down.

If I took my laptop out of my room, and downstairs, my speeds would raise again.

It is 100% due to the unit being powered up. I have no idea why it is doing this, but its due to the TB unit

Last edited:

Harlem

Also to note, before I had fibre installed, I had broadband and the headset worked totally fine. Since getting fibre, I have never used the headset until sunday.

They worked fine that day, but since shutting them down, this is when it all happened

Harlem

Hi, thanks for your advice, although I had already tried changing the channel.

I did it again just to see and the same thing happend.
When unplugged Download speeds of 24.20 and as soon as I plugged it in, 0.47mb

I tried to change the mode from auto to 54g Auto, but when I update, it always reverts back to auto. I read somewhere that becuase my router is using N, to change to a G

Harlem

Hey, I have the XP500.

That is going to be my next step. I think it could be a router issue.

DR Kronenbourg

Hey, I have the XP500.

That is going to be my next step. I think it could be a router issue.
The XP500's are the same as the PX5's with the exception of the Bluetooth communicator (XBA) , I purchased the XBA but was told by folks I chat with online that it gave me bad quality comms so I ditched it and went back to the cable! Do you use the XBA? Maybe try using the cable instead if it came with one, once again not likely the reason but it could be one more thing to eliminate!

Harlem

Well when I had broadband, as the router was in my room, I did get a lot of interference so used a wire. Since fibre, I used the headset once, using the xba, and because the router is now down stairs, the headset worked fine. After turning the Xbox off, that was it, and now I am where I am today :(

Harlem

I am with sky. The router is the Sagem N router.

I had a reply from Lygo (Suppliers of TB in UK), Didn't really help just yet, as all he asked was, what router I had, so hopefully the next reply will be of help

DR Kronenbourg

I am with sky. The router is the Sagem N router.

I had a reply from Lygo (Suppliers of TB in UK), Didn't really help just yet, as all he asked was, what router I had, so hopefully the next reply will be of help
Let us know how you get on mate, might help others out if the same thing happens to them! Good luck.

Harlem

Hi, well so far, Lygo got back to me once today about trying different channels to help the situation, so I have explained I have already tried this, and I am waiting for a reply.

Play.com got back to me saying sorry for the problem, and basically said they would refund me as long as my conversation with Lygo gets to the point where they say that Play are allowed to refund me.

It's not that I want a refund, I just want a working headset. If I do get a refund, I will have to look at alternatives.

sordid_sentinel

I purchased the XBA but was told by folks I chat with online that it gave me bad quality comms
I use the PX5's with the XBA and I got the same complaints to start with. Others must've too so TB released a preset to improve comms with the XBA... and it works :clap: . I've attached it to this post, upload it to your headset with the PX5 Advanced Sound Editor program and you're laughing :thumbsup:

Derail over, good luck with your issue op :)

Attachments

DR Kronenbourg

I use the PX5's with the XBA and I got the same complaints to start with. Others must've too so TB released a preset to improve comms with the XBA... and it works :clap: . I've attached it to this post, upload it to your headset with the PX5 Advanced Sound Editor program and you're laughing :thumbsup:

Derail over, good luck with your issue op :)
Cheers mate, I've not been on there for a long long time, I'll give it a bash tomorrow:smashin: