Turtle Beach compatability guide is incorrect

thesaint02

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a few headsets, and amongst them include the Turtle Beach Ear Force Bravo's(MW3 version of the PX3) and the XP500's.

I got my PS4 on release day, and was hoping that my wireless headsets would work.
I looked at the Turtle Beach console compatability chart, and saw that the more expensive XP 500's would require a(at the time unreleased) PS4 chat cable, but the Ear Force Bravo's(EFB's) would work "Out of box(their bad English, not mine)".

I am reasonably certain that the wiring diagram confirmed this, but I do not have proof of that.

After trying to get the EFB's to work and failing some time after, I Googled, and saw other people not being able to get them to work either, so I e-mailed Turtle Beach support:

Problem Description: Hi, I have the MW3 version of the PX3.
I have looked at your compatibility chart, and it says that they will work with the PS4 out of the box.
I have connected it as the diagram states, and I get no sound.

After looking at another page on your website:
PS4 Installation Instructions - System Settings - Turtle Beach :: Knowledgebase

It says a chat cable is required.
Can I use my PX3's on my PS4?

They replied:
Hi *****,

Your PX3 should work straight out the box and you dont need a PS4 chat cable.

How are you connecting your PX3 to your console ?

Sincerely TB rep #1,

TurtleBeach.com

I thought I was missing something, so double checked my wires, and followed the settings that they show for the PS4. As far as I could see, they were fine. But, I now noticed that the diagram was showing a PS4 chat cable, so e-mailed back:

Hi TB rep #1,

Thanks for the reply. As I said in the first part of my email, I have the MW3 version of the PX3's(Ear Force Bravo).
I understood them to be exactly the same as the PX3, just branded for MW3.

If you check the Ear Force Bravo on the PS4 compatibility guide, it says it works "Out of box", but then the diagram clearly has it connected with a PS4 chat cable:

http://s254.photobucket.com/user/thesaint01/media/EFBOOB_zps4dc35565.png.html
http://s254.photobucket.com/user/thesaint01/media/guide/EFB_zpscca44cf4.png.html

The PX3's also states "Out of box", but the wiring diagram also shows the chat cable:

http://s254.photobucket.com/user/thesaint01/media/PX3_zps2a941a29.png.html

Please note that at the time of sending you the e-mail previously, the diagram that is shown when you click on "Headset set up diagram" on both headsets has been changed.
There was no chat cable in the diagram. Now there is.

This is contradictory to it saying that it works "Out of box", and to what you have told me.

Regards

Three working days later, I get a reply. Hoping they see what I mean.

Rep #1 is no longer dealing with it, maybe he escalated it:

Hi *****,

You can use the headset on a PS4 however your RCA cables must be connected to your TV's outputs. Does your TV have RCA outputs?

Sincerely,

TB rep#2

TurtleBeach.com

So, they have seemingly not taken time to either look at the screenshots of their website with conflicting information, or actually do anything apart from "consult" their flow chart.

So yesterday, I try again:

Hi TB rep #2,

I wish someone would actually take some time to actually read and understand what I am writing.

1. The headset I have(Ear Force Bravo) states that it works "Out of box" according to your compatability chart.
2. The wiring diagram clearly states that it requires a "PS4 chat cable".
3. It is not possible for 1 & 2 to be both correct, unless, the PX3 or Ear Force Bravo ship with a "PS4 chat cable"

Please do not read a manual you have and reply back to me. Try it yourself.

My TV has RCA, I use the headset with my PS3 and the same TV.
I cannot use this headset with the PS4 despite being told more than once I can, because I do not have a PS4 chat cable.

Regards

They get back to me today:

Hi *****,

We will ship you a PS4 chat lead.

Sincerely,
TB rep#2

TurtleBeach.com

Now, I do appreciate them sending the lead free of charge, but they have not acknowledged that there is a problem with the information they are giving.

Their reply stinks of "This customer doesn't know what they are talking about, just send him the lead that he doesn't need to shut him up".

I wonder how many other people are wasting their time following their instructions.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom