1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turntable works fine for 45 rpm lps but slow with 33.5 rpm lps???

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by alikhan, Dec 26, 2004.

1. alikhan

alikhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, any one would know why this would happen? Everytime I change the belt to suit the 33 1/2 rpm LPs, it run so slow that the pitch is almost halfway down. Abd in 45rpm its running just fine. Leads me to believe that the motor couldnt be messed up at all.

Any suggestions?

Regards...

Ali

2. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whats the deck?Rega? sounds like the belt is on its way out,on 45s the belt is more stretched so you won't notice it,whereas on 33rpm it will be more slack,hence the slow speed.

If it's a Rega they go on for yonks.........................................................

3. alikhan

alikhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah it is REGA planar 3.. whats the solution? new belt or some cleaning would do?

4. SKA.face

SKA.face

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Planer 3,so fairly old,yes change the belt,about £9.Had the same problem on mine,now have the P25 hmmm..nice.

5. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Agree, change the belt and make sure everything is nice and clean

6. alikhan

alikhan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys.. turns out that the pulley is loose from the motor shaft and it not set on it all the way. All I had to do was push it down and viola!!! thank you guys for your time and your advice...