Turntable system for a small room with on-wall speakers

Rick Robinson

Standard Member
Hey everyone,

Sorry I went quiet for a while - work got busy this week. Thanks again for all your advice, I’ve got myself booked into Music Matters next week to try the Rega turntables and amps, and they’ll arrange some speakers they reckon will sound as close as possible to the Dali’s, which they don’t stock. Will be taking some Frost and maybe some Tull too to try them out!

zombionicdoom

Hey everyone,

Sorry I went quiet for a while - work got busy this week. Thanks again for all your advice, I’ve got myself booked into Music Matters next week to try the Rega turntables and amps, and they’ll arrange some speakers they reckon will sound as close as possible to the Dali’s, which they don’t stock. Will be taking some Frost and maybe some Tull too to try them out!
Good stuff, let us know how you get on. Looks like my amp finally arrives this week too. Should be a good week for HiFi all round 😁👍

Rick Robinson

Standard Member
Hi @zombionicdoom, @Nckch, @gibbsy, @degsy, @oscroft, @daddy999,

just been to Music Matters in Solihull; they set up the Rega Planar 3 and 6; the Elex-R and Elicit-R: and even got the Dali Opticons in for me. It all sounded great, but the 6 and Elicit-R were just spectacular. Tried them with Celtic Frost, Voivod, Tull, Hendrix and Bartok. Walked out a lot poorer but very happy :)

Thankyou all for your suggestions, much appreciated!

Rick

zombionicdoom

just been to Music Matters in Solihull; they set up the Rega Planar 3 and 6; the Elex-R and Elicit-R: and even got the Dali Opticons in for me. It all sounded great, but the 6 and Elicit-R were just spectacular. Tried them with Celtic Frost, Voivod, Tull, Hendrix and Bartok. Walked out a lot poorer but very happy :)

Thankyou all for your suggestions, much appreciated!

Rick
Excellent!

Rick Robinson

Standard Member

Well, 2 months later in our crazy COVID world, the final piece has arrived - the Elicit-R and DALI Opticons arrived a few weeks ago, the Planar 6 arrived today.

As they arrived in stages, I’ve been gradually swapping out one component of my old system at a time for a component of the new one, so I’ve been able to hear the difference each one makes - it’s like rediscovering my vinyl collection three times over :)

Anyway, it’s sounding *fantastic*, has blown away all the issues of the old system, and more than justified the investment.

So - Thankyou again for your thoughts and advice - just the ticket!

Best regards,

Rick

degsy

Glad that it has produced the results. Enjoy!

zombionicdoom

Well, 2 months later in our crazy COVID world, the final piece has arrived - the Elicit-R and DALI Opticons arrived a few weeks ago, the Planar 6 arrived today.

As they arrived in stages, I’ve been gradually swapping out one component of my old system at a time for a component of the new one, so I’ve been able to hear the difference each one makes - it’s like rediscovering my vinyl collection three times over :)

Anyway, it’s sounding *fantastic*, has blown away all the issues of the old system, and more than justified the investment.

So - Thankyou again for your thoughts and advice - just the ticket!

Best regards,

Rick
That’s great to hear mate. And actually I bet that was really interesting getting the components in stages. So pleased you’re enjoying it all. Fantastic. 👍😁
On the opposite end of the spectrum mine has been an epic saga of minor disasters, currently waiting for a new Marantz AVR to turn up, whenever that may be, with a broken Lexicon and no 2ch amp 😩. Well it is 2020 after all. 😂

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom