Turntable Issue

andycc72

Little update as I know you’ve been on tenterhooks waiting to find out 😉

system has been moved, subs are where they were (I can’t face moving them and realigning) definite improvement and I think it even sounds better. I imagine that’s due to less resonance from the Subs.

it’s gone from this:

to this:

so still not entirely gone but a huge improvement. Oscroft is being hugely kind and giving me some isolation feet. So they’ll be going under the turntable feet as soon as they arrive and hopefully it will be an additional improvement.

This is how it looks now; the Mrs hates it but she’ll live 😉

CDBA0C72-3742-48FF-A69B-50063FF919FE.jpeg
E7607C78-1DA0-476D-ADEF-5A63AC5D0248.jpeg

Last edited:

andycc72

Thank you for everyone who provided the sage advice.

I can start enjoying it now..up until now it has just stressed me out... 😂 i think I’m getting close to how it should sound

it will definitely be going on a shelf once man cave built

edit- been listening for about an hour now and the sound is definitely improved. I feel a real sense of relief.

it’s quite easy to get obsessive about this hobby, that much I’ve noticed since I’ve embraced it. That and it can empty your wallet quick... it’s fun though !!

Last edited:
Glad to see you got your problem solved. Now go and buy some records!

andycc72

Glad to see you got your problem solved. Now go and buy some records!
Thanks Mike...appreciate your advice throughout

I’ve been gifted over a 100 recordswhich I’m working my way through.

ive also bought a few...

andycc72

Just when I was starting to enjoy the vinyl experience, yet another issue (this time not of my own making) :) It appears there's a problem with the internal phono stage.

I put a record on 15 minutes ago and nothing came out of the speakers. I then turned the volume up half way and I could hear a vague noise; turned it up all the way and I could hear the music at a very low level. I then swapped things around and ran it through the phone stage in the Cyrus One amp and it works fine.

Anyone else experienced this, any suggestions on what it might be? I think it's going to have to go back to AV Online.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom