Turntable Interconnect Lead

saintie1

I have a Systemdek II turntable which is now over 5m from my amp. This is the closest I can get it to the amp which leads me to my problem. Where can I get a lead to link the turntable to the amp?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Which tonearm is fitted to the TT?

Some will allow you to fit a longer ‘plug in’ cable – most wont and you will simply use a suitable length of 2RCA(f) to 2RCA (m) extension cable plus something (anything) to extend the ground wire.

Keep in mind your carrying a very low level signal – you may find 5m is too long for your Cartridge/Amp combination and you may have to install some form of ‘booster’ where you add on the extra cable.

One option would be to install a Phono Pre Amp on the end of the existing tonearm cable and feed that via a 2RCA(m) to 2RCA(m) cable into a regular stereo input on the Amp.

Joe

saintie1

Joe,

I have a RB250 ugraged by Origin Live, although it looks like this is confined to the counter weight, and the cable looks as if it is the original.

I see where you are coming from regarding the phono amp, but what make would you suggest I look at? As for the cables I do not want to spend a fortune getting a bespoke lead, so who's cable would you suggest along with the interconnects?

Thanks

Kevin

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor

saintie1

thanks Joe, excellent cable contact details. I'll get an order out to Mark, and I'll look a wee bit more into the phono amp.

Trending threads

Top Bottom