• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Turntable for Linn Classik

P

Puzzer

Hi

I have a Linn Classik to which I want to hook up an old turntable that I have. I have powered both units and plugged the turntable into the Aux sockets on the back of the Classik (using the standard red and white phone jacks) but the sound doesn't come through the Classik.

I am no techie so can someone tell me either what I have to do to get this to work or what's a decent turntable to worrh through the Classik?

Cheers

P

:lease:

nil102

If the Linn Classik does not have a phono input you will require a phono preamp in order to use your aux connection.Several are available both Project and Nad do quality versions that work with either Magnetic or Moving Coil cartridges.You simply plug the turntable phono lead into the pre-amp and from there run another phono lead to the Classik.

overkill

Distinguished Member
You will need a phono amplifier. Depending on the quality of the TT a range of PA's are available. If you are looking at a 'budget' deck then NAD and Project do adequate models. If the TT is slightly better, then look out for the Creek phono stages.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom