Turntable and cartridge recommendations < £1000

Hmm, and why that compared to a dedicated power amp? I may be wrong but I would expect if I spend £800 on a dedicated amp it would do a better job at amplification compared to a system that does a lot of things for the same price?
Read the spec sheet!
This beast is ridiculously great at everything !
Nothing was compromised during the process of creating an all in one system, the individual components all come from the high end Cyrus seperates….
Streaming a breeze
CD stunning
I have my 09 running everything …..however it is not a shiny bright piece of kit….it’s a tank that needs feeding to make it shine 😳

The goal is to upgrade every part of my system so I will be changing the speakers at some point too. I suppose at the moment I need to get something on the table then I can plan further upgrades. Would you say there are other amps that might be better value at that price point?

I quite like the fact it has a phono stage which I can use off the bat then consider getting a seperate phono stage at a later date
There will be other amps out there but as @andybebbs says its a lot of amp for £800 - and yes you will save money not purchasing a phono stage too.
As you plan to upgrade your speakers also, i think its a win, win for you too.
Enjoy the journey!

There will be other amps out there but as @andybebbs says its a lot of amp for £800 - and yes you will save money not purchasing a phono stage too.
As you plan to upgrade your speakers also, i think its a win, win for you too.
Enjoy the journey!
Sounds good.

Have you any experience with 2ndhandhifi.co.uk?

Yes, bought an Arcam A38 amp off them some years ago.
No problems with the company.
I always plan to call in when I visit my Mam's.
You always have the no quibble 7 days return policy.
But the Rega amp is a quality pice of kit.

Yes, bought an Arcam A38 amp off them some years ago.
No problems with the company.
I always plan to call in when I visit my Mam's.
You always have the no quibble 7 days return policy.
But the Rega amp is a quality pice of kit.
Well I've bitten the bullet and bought it.....the journey has begun.

I gave them a call and actually they are a hifi store aswell which settled my nerves a little. The chap I spoke to seemed very nice. Having the phono stage is a real bonus too. Looking forward to receiving it now.

Hello again everyone. So after a month of buying the Rega Elicit R I'm pleased with the purchase. It's sounding good. They only thing I've noticed is that it does get hot so I may have to rehome it. It's inside a cabinet at the moment and I think it would be better outside with better airflow. It has cut out a couple of times after I've been playing loud music for an hour or so, which my hand me down Sherwood never used to do.

Anyway, I'm now starting to think about the next acquisition. Do you think buying a new turntable or speakers would give the biggest improvement in the system at the moment? I'm looking to speand about £1000 on speakers and ideally would like some floor standers. I've seen the Wharfdale Evo 4.4s get good reviews. Again I suppose I could look at second hand again.

Any recommendations?

KEF r7 are down to under a grand on sevonoaks clearance. Also I paid £899 for my b&w 704 S2 off there site . Definitely worth a look

Thanks I will look into those. So you think that new speakers would be the best component to buy next? Then the turntable?

I think it might be better to save up for a bigger budget and go for a Rega turntable possibly 2nd hand from a dealer and purchase a pair of speakers too at the same time.
Wharfedale EVo 4.4 are very good - a lot of bass, so depends your size of the room?
What ever speakers you go for you would need a home demo, but ......
Adding the two items to your Rega amp could well be an instant WOW factor.

I think it might be better to save up for a bigger budget and go for a Rega turntable possibly 2nd hand from a dealer and purchase a pair of speakers too at the same time.
Wharfedale EVo 4.4 are very good - a lot of bass, so depends your size of the room?
What ever speakers you go for you would need a home demo, but ......
Adding the two items to your Rega amp could well be an instant WOW factor.
Well the plan is to go for the Rega Planar 3 at some point this year. Could just wait till I’ve saved up enough to buy both together but then my wife might find something else to spend the money on. 🤦🏼‍♂️

KEF r7 are down to under a grand on sevonoaks clearance. Also I paid £899 for my b&w 704 S2 off there site . Definitely worth a look
Those KEF speakers look very good and at sub £1000 that seems like a steal. Can’t find them at that price now though. Was that an ex demo pair or something?

Those KEF speakers look very good and at sub £1000 that seems like a steal. Can’t find them at that price now though. Was that an ex demo pair or something?

Thanks! Oh those are R5s? Did they have the R7s?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom