Turntable advice needed!

Darren1

Novice Member
Hi Guys,

I’ve just joined this forum and looking for some help/advice

I have a 2.1 setup of klipsch rp400m and I use the sub from my wharfedale dx2 5.1 setup, which I run through a Yamaha htr 2071 av receiver

I know it’s not the greatest set up but it works nicely for me when I’m streaming music, everything is fine

i have a turntable setup with Technics 1210 that works fine on the powered speakers I use for them, but when I try to run it through the rca point of the avr (there’s no phono input) either via a pioneer DJ mixer or a edwards audio pre amp, the bass of the records is off, like it is not playing in sync?

The only thing I can find online close to this is a suggestion to change the phase on the sub which I have tried to no avail, or change the sub positioning, which I have also tried but when I stream music there is no problem where it is anyway.

I’m at a loss how to rectify this, any help or advise you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

DT79

Hi Guys,

I’ve just joined this forum and looking for some help/advice

I have a 2.1 setup of klipsch rp400m and I use the sub from my wharfedale dx2 5.1 setup, which I run through a Yamaha htr 2071 av receiver

I know it’s not the greatest set up but it works nicely for me when I’m streaming music, everything is fine

i have a turntable setup with Technics 1210 that works fine on the powered speakers I use for them, but when I try to run it through the rca point of the avr (there’s no phono input) either via a pioneer DJ mixer or a edwards audio pre amp, the bass of the records is off, like it is not playing in sync?

The only thing I can find online close to this is a suggestion to change the phase on the sub which I have tried to no avail, or change the sub positioning, which I have also tried but when I stream music there is no problem where it is anyway.

I’m at a loss how to rectify this, any help or advise you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated!!
If you’re playing stereo music streamed through the AVR without issue then it has to be a setting relating the input that the TT is connected to. There will normally be sound modes, stereo direct and different options for how the bass is handled for stereo sources which are set on a per input basis. You really need to go through these in the AVR user manual and compare between the two inputs or experiment to figure out what’s amiss.

It sounds like the speaker distance settings aren‘t being applied on that TT input on the AVR.

Darren1

Novice Member
That makes sense. I’ve had a look around in the options and the manual I couldn’t find much but turning adaptive DRC to on seems to make it much better? It’s not normally on and I don’t have it on when I stream so not sure why this would work I thought this just levelled out the sounds on the bass and treble but it sounds like it’s putting the bass back on beat

thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Khankat

Please excuse me if I misunderstand this but, if your receiver does not have a phono stage, which or what phono pre-amp are you connecting your turntable to when routing the TT through the receiver?

Darren1

Novice Member
I started off just using the out of a pioneer djm 350 but now I am using an Edwards audio apprentice mm (both had the same results)

JUS

Interesting. I’ve never noticed this myself but have wondered what the bass delay setting was for...now I know. 🙂👍

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom