Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Turning SVM off on a Toshiba 32ZH36P

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Prof Frink, Jul 4, 2004.

1. Prof Frink

Prof Frink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got this TV the other day and have been tweaking it via the service menu and have tweaked everything I need except I am unsure which values in the designer menu turn of SVM I have been searching around the net but have been unable to find exact information I am confident I can act on with causing damage to the TV.

There are two settings that do look promising VM1 and VM2 but I dare not change them without confirmation on what they do. Also does anyone know which settings controls picture rotation as I need to rotate the image anti-clockwise a little bit.

Any help on the this matter is greatly appreicated.

Thanks

2. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Keep contrast below 50 and you are safe, above 50 and SVM kicks in.

3. Prof Frink

Prof Frink

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks that appear to have made quite a difference. Also does any one know how to turn the gray bars that appear in 4:3 mode black.

4. Lizzard

Lizzard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, can't help you with that...