1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning off SVM on a Sony 32FQ80?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by halyousif, Aug 6, 2003.

1. halyousif

halyousif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I know this has been asked before, but has anyone managed to find the entries to turn off SVM in Personal and Live modes on the 32FQ80 yet?

Many thanks.

2. Cascarilleiro

Cascarilleiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, but... what SVM means?

Thanks in advance.

3. halyousif

halyousif
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    SVM stands for Scan Velocity Modulation. It increases contrast in edge detail which produces black lines around objects.

In Movie and Game modes on the 32FQ80 the SVM is turned off so the image detail is excellent. In Personal and Live modes it's turned on.

4. Cascarilleiro

Cascarilleiro

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

I have a 32FQ70 and I noticed ghosting problems. I read something about disabling SVM to solve it, but i didn't know what SVM means.

It appears too in 'movie' mode (less than in 'live', of course). In personal mode i adjusted the settings to make it less visible.

In the service menu of FQ70 i didn't see anyting thats aparently disables SVM. So if someone knows how to do it...

I only see an option named 'Scan Rate' but when i selected it, is diferent to other options, and it asks me for a hexadecimal address.

Sorry if my english is very bad.