1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turning off SonicStage 3.1 notification sounds?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by MKVF, Jul 14, 2005.

1. MKVF

MKVF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just started using SS 3.1 for my NW-HD3. It seems to make a series of annoying and loud notification beeps every time an operation finishes (importing a CD, deleting tracks from the player, whatever). Is there any way I can turn this off? I can't find any mention of it in the SS settings?

Obvously it's not the biggest problem in the world, but it is irritating.

2. Mike_manchester

Mike_manchester

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    C:\program files\sony\sonic stage\data\images\se "complete.wav"

Try deleting this file (make a backup first) and if you get error messages then substitute a less annoying .wav file and rename it to "complete.wav"

maybe record to pc microphone something like "your player is now 6 months old and has been superceded - please upgrade to new model".wav and have that play evertime you finish ripping a CD :)

3. MKVF

MKVF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a go and report back. The other solution I've found is to get a copy of Vaio Music Transfer and use that instead - it's a lot simpler and far less intrusive.

As for your bit of slight mickey-taking, if I could afford it, I'd have bought an iRiver again - a decent player with no need for this riduculous software. For what I had to spend though, a six month old Sony was the best I could get. It's amazing just what you get for cheap if you're prepared not to have the latest and greatest; on my budget, that's a must.