Turning off Passthrough but keep HDMI control on Yamaha?

sifter

Novice Member
Reaction score
I like using the HDMI Control on my Yamaha RX-V385 with my projector since I can turn on/off both devices with my Yamaha remote.

The problem I have is that one of the HDMI inputs to the Yamaha (a Firestick) comes back on as a Passthrough signal a few seconds after the receiver goes off, defeating my original intent with the remote.

Anyone know of a way to turn off the Passthrough feature without turning off HDMI Control on the Yamaha? It appears that the only way of turning off Passthrough on the Yamaha is by setting HDMI Control to OFF...

I like using the HDMI Control on my Yamaha RX-V385 with my projector since I can turn on/off both devices with my Yamaha remote.

The problem I have is that one of the HDMI inputs to the Yamaha (a Firestick) comes back on as a Passthrough signal a few seconds after the receiver goes off, defeating my original intent with the remote.

Anyone know of a way to turn off the Passthrough feature without turning off HDMI Control on the Yamaha? It appears that the only way of turning off Passthrough on the Yamaha is by setting HDMI Control to OFF...

Turn off HDMI passthrough in standy on the AV receiver. The setting is called STANDBY THROPUGH and will be located in the AV receiver's HDMI configurations.

If this doesn't work then the only other option is to dissable HDMI CEC on the Firestick.

Turn off HDMI passthrough in standy on the AV receiver. The setting is called STANDBY THROPUGH and will be located in the AV receiver's HDMI configurations.

If this doesn't work then the only other option is to dissable HDMI CEC on the Firestick.

Actually, on the RX-V385 you cannot set the Passthrough to OFF when HDMI Control is set to on.

Unfortunately, setting the Firestick to CEC= OFF does not keep it from passing the video signal through the Yamaha...

Unfortunately, setting the Firestick to CEC= OFF does not keep it from passing the video signal through the Yamaha...

It will if the Firestick is in standby prior to you putting the AV recever in standby. The Firestick will then not powwer itself up to sync with the TV's power status.

THe Firestich can't pass anything through the AV receiver if not actually powered up out of standby.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom