Turning expat soon: what do you pack?

mjward

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As the title suggests, I'm emigrating on Wednesday (to the Middle East) and aside from basic packing I'm racking my brain as to what I should bring from the UK that I will struggle to find locally.

I'm thinking proper English Breakfast tea, horseradish cream, yeast ( :) ) etc

Yup sausages and bacon,and tea, pack an extra case for these ;). Have a great time fella . Edit Booze :D.

It might be worth first checking that you are allowed to take meat and booze into a Middle East country. Unless of course that post was in jest?

Everything nice you are used to having

Everything nice you are used to having

Hmm most middle east gents would agree to that in private it seems .

Well pork and alcohol related products are definitely not allowed. Which removes 74% of the fun immediately [emoji23]

Not a custard fan but you've given me a great idea: angel delight!!

As the title suggests, I'm emigrating on Wednesday (to the Middle East) and aside from basic packing I'm racking my brain as to what I should bring from the UK that I will struggle to find locally.

I'm thinking proper English Breakfast tea, horseradish cream, yeast ( :) ) etc

I assume your heavy baggage and/or UAF have already gone if you are leaving on Wednesday?

If that's the case then there is not a lot you can take. :(

Not wanting to spoil the joke, but:

"Believing in angels is one of the six Articles of Faith in Islam"

I assume your heavy baggage and/or UAF have already gone if you are leaving on Wednesday?

If that's the case then there is not a lot you can take. :(

Yep air and sea already shipped and thankfully the poker chips have made it through. That's as risqué as I was prepared to go [emoji23]

Yep air and sea already shipped and thankfully the poker chips have made it through. That's as risqué as I was prepared to go [emoji23]

Ha! Well, have a good flight out and enjoy the Bloody Marys (I stay clear of any fizzy drinks when flying as they cause flatulence). :D

Where in the Middle East are you off to?

I moved to India for two years. Every time I came home we'd take back....

Bacon
Cheese
Dairy milk
Marmite
Red wine

You could pretty much get everything else at a premium..I'm sure it'll be similar to where you're going.

Bacon and cheese frozen then wrapped in newspaper and silver foil. Worked every time [emoji106][emoji39]

we missed the simple things...quite often things we didn't have in the UK like beans on toast [emoji3]

Oh yea, UK mags were £12 over there so I got a subscription and put a redirection on [emoji1]

BR and DVDs were heavily edited too but the redirect sorted that out too [emoji106]

English mustard. Can't live without Colmans. Ditto HP.

BR and DVDs were heavily edited too but the redirect sorted that out too [emoji106]

I'm not confident about the local mail delivery but have sorted Netflix and Amazon prime and a VPN router so that should be entertainment sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom