1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Turned onto Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by kingsize, Aug 2, 2005.

1. kingsize

kingsize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    Hello all.

For the last few months have been thinking about a bigger screen - most research I have done has suggested LCD as the way forward - the reviews in the various mags have been suggesting plasma on way out.

Also I perceived some issues with plasma

1. I was told that plasma tv's lost 20% of their brightness on a year on year basis

2. The dreaded screen burn

However, I was with a local independant retailer today, who said that the brightness degradation is not an issue, and said screen burn could be possible if you left PS2 on all noght or suchlike, and showed me various LCD/Plasma screens in the 2-3k region Panasonic - Pioneer -Lowe(?) - B&O - LG

We watched the same DVD on each model, and I have to say that the plasma was FAR SUPERIOR to any of the LCD screens - deeper, darker, richer, and much reduced artefacts.

Now I am very confused.

The picture on the Panasonic TH42PE50 was breathtaking - best plasma i have ever seen.

I am now seriously thinking about a Panasonic TH37PV500.

Am I wrong?

2. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    No.

3. Rob100

Rob100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +227
    I have owned a Panny 42PW5 for nearly 3 years and don't regret it one bit. I have yet to see an LCD that even comes close to the PQ.

Rob.

4. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,310
    Ask in the LCD forum and you might get a different response - it's all down to what you prefer the look of more. Certainly at these larger sizes, plasma would be the way to go.