Turn ts file from Humax to DVD?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by Gordon @ Convergent AV, Feb 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ashtreex

ashtreex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You're right, I admit it! The free trial version of VideoRedo did just the same as ConvertX but in a few minutes (maybe more than 2-3, but a lot less than 90). It hitched up with the DVD burning software so I got a finished disk spat out in less than half an hour in all, and the disk then played on the TV DVD player. I must have been trying too hard in the past ... guess I'll fork out another £45 :(. Thanks GrahamThomson!

2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,193
    I bought mine when the dollar was 50p, one of the best £20.00 I ever spent. waiting for a version that works with h264 mpeg4

3. gtg60

gtg60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    VideoRedo is great all right, if you buy it through the Australian affiliate site (sorry can't remember name, just Google though) you can save a few quid.

Mpeg4 is already in Beta testing and you can get in on the Beta easy enough just go to their site and request it.

4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,193
    Last time I checked it did not work with h264, I will give it a whirl. Thanks

Graham

5. gtg60

gtg60

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    You have to go to the VideoRedo forum, find the Beta thread, request to be added and then they'll send you a link for the Beta version.

6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,193
    It appears you have to be registered with TV suite. I only use videoredo plus using Encore normally for DVD authoring or Ulead Movie Factory for quick dvd's

7. nosliere

nosliere
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences and expertise. Looks like VideoRedo is the best answer. The Super-8 film comment was part joking. I had the same advice years ago: I still have a projector and screen, but no camcorder. However there's a shop in St-Lô which does it for not too many €€ a minute.

Just getting back to this after intensive work on my new website using freebie www.weebly.com If you want to stick with the free version there's a size limit of 5mb on files and some functions are greyed out, but it's a lot easier to upload and edit than www.academia.com

Here I go with converting "Chicago". Can it do .gif files?

PS Just discovered you can have attachments, so here's a pic of nine veterans of the US 2nd Armored Div visiting our village for the final county ceremony to commemorate the 65th anniversary of the Battle of Normandy. They're all now aged 85 to 90: three of them were in the fierce fighting which liberated our village on 27th July 1944. I have some movie clips of them. Will VideoRedo stitch and burn them to DVD? (They're all Quicktime with Olympus C-5060WZ, but what's a .scn file?)

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2009
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,193
    The quicktime movie clips will need resampling to 720 x 576 and encoding to mpeg2, there's a number og programmes that might work (Videoredo aint one).

If you have a full version of nero then nerovision might work. Later versions of Adobe Premiere may also work. If you can upload a clip somewhere (or all of them) and post a link I can have a play. If they are relatively small in pixel dimensions don't expect miracles

9. byngo

byngo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    I have used Convert X to DVD just the other day to convert a HDR recording to DVD.
    Trouble is what I really wanted to do was cut the adverts out, then make a DVD. I would normally use TMPGEnc DVD Author for cutting out the adverts but it does'nt recognise the .ts files, so i had to convert to dvd structure first with Convert X, then use TMPGEnc to edit and burn to disc.
    I might have to give Videoredo a go. sounds good.

One question though, Graham, you said you were waiting for Video Redo to be able to handle HD .H264 files.
    Why would you want to loose the quality of H264 by making a DVD of it? Surely you could have recorded (95% of the time) in SD in the first place?
    (but I accept you could make a DVD which would have a little better resolution than the original broadcast in SD)

10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,193
    You can burn H264 1080i to a normal dual layer DVD using AVCHD and replay it in full HD using a bluray player. You can now also import HD and SD video to replay direct from a usb drive on the hdr

AV2HDR v1.0 Released ! - Hummy.org.uk Forums

I have just tested this with a 1080i HD clip from a Panny HD camcorder and it works a treat :clap:

11. byngo

byngo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    AV2HDR............YEEEEEEEpeee. That is good news. Been following that one with interest!!!Thanks for that news.

Mmmmmm Heard of, but never looked into AVCHD disk creation.
    Have not got a bluray player though, except my PC bluray drive. Not much point making a AVCHD dvd to playback via the PC, when I could just play the file from a HDD.
    However, making my BBC HD recordings into AVCHD archive disks seems tempting if only for the experiance.:devil:

12. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,193
    You can get about 40mins of 1080i on a dual layer DVD, ideal for home movies but not that great for BBC HD. In any case you can now archive most BBC HD encrypted to a USB drive and replay it direct from there (courtesy of firmware V11).

13. byngo

byngo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    I like how you anticipate my next thoughts and questions Graham!!
    Indeed, My son loves the series called "Life" and similar Attenborough series.
    I was thinking AVCHD back-up / playback would be an avenue worth pursuing, but, your right 40mins per DVD-9 is'nt much use in that respect and i don't own a HD camcorder.
    I'll stick with the external HDD archive.:smashin:

P.S. I tried videoredo tv pack yesterday, dropped a SD recording from the HDR onto it and it said "cannot open file,Video stream not found"

Since you are using it, this must have been fixed in a beta a or something right?:lease:

14. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,193
    I use videredo plus which only contains the editing and mpeg file creation bit. I use lots of other software to actually author the dvds.

The current beta of plus which I use and works great with .ts files from the hdr is here

VideoReDo Plus Beta build 10-587 is now available. - VideoReDo MPEG Editor Forums

15. byngo

byngo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +160
    For the aid of others interested in the optional ways of converting ts to DVD, i used the following method last night:-

Since I already have TMPGEnc DVD Author (TDA) and wanted to cut the adverts out of the HDR .ts files i found another way to get TDA to accept my source file, I demuxed the ts file with TSmuxer. The demuxed files load into TDA and I can accurate frame edit and output a burned DVD.
    TDA did warn me that i should change some settings and re-author because the bitrate of the file was too high for a compliant DVD, but the resulting Disc plays fine on my dvd player.
    One other problem i had on the first burn was that the audio was slightly out of sinc. I had to adjust the audio gap correction in TDA to -500ms to get it right and burn another.:lesson: