Question Turn table/Streaming device

lukather101

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi all.
I need a piece of equipment that i can plug a turn table into which will allow me to play music around the home , potentially add speakers and also connect bluetooth for streaming service.

Really not got a clue with this type of gear so any help would be appreciated

Your question is still bit vague, so you might want to flesh it out a bit..
1. Do you currently have a turntable?. If so what type .. basically there are now three types. Those in the higher cost bracket with a moving coil cartridge, those slightly cheaper with a moving magnet cartridge and those at the consumer,level which may have either built in amplifiers and or USB or Bluetooth . connections.
If you don't already have a turntable and an investment in vinyl,you might need to rethink a desire before purchase... Poorer quality audio,more expensive software..(vinyl discs).
2. Bluetooth is an ok method of transmission over short distances ,but is greatly inferior to any standard WiFi network.
3. Speakers need to be supplied by an amplified signal,and these can occur in a separate box or by amplifiers built into the speaker itself. There are advantages and disadvantages in both arrangements. Some active speakers will have Bluetooth or WiFi recievers already built in.
4. Streaming or the process of sending the music data from a remote location can take place using any of a variety of devices, from a 30 quid Chromecast Audio to many thousands on a top of line AVR. .. a number of the active speakers can do all of the above... . The remirr location could be a website anywhere in the world or it would be your attic.
So you see ,we can suggest any number of solutions, all of which can be inappropriate, unless we know what you want.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom