Turn on WebOs V with fixed content or webpage displayed for B&B room

SomeOfTheGear

Novice Member
I've a few 2020 WebOs TVs in our guest bedrooms. I want to display an information page on the screen as the default page when they turn on the TV. This would probably from a local webserver on the LAN or could be another method if that worked) Anyone know how I can do this? I'm aware of Hotel mode settings to limit guests messing with settings etc.

Thanks.

chenks

i think you'd probably need a TV specifically designed for hotel use.
standard "home" TVs generally won't have the additional stuff you would need for that.

how are you feeding live TV to them? if it's via an internal distribution system then you could make channel 0 your into page.

SomeOfTheGear

Novice Member
i think you'd probably need a TV specifically designed for hotel use.
standard "home" TVs generally won't have the additional stuff you would need for that.

how are you feeding live TV to them? if it's via an internal distribution system then you could make channel 0 your into page.
TX. It's from the built in FreeSat receiver.

chenks

think you will be out of luck then

next010

Distinguished Member
TX. It's from the built in FreeSat receiver.

A Freestat receiver running something like OpenATV might be able to do something as its open source software and is capable of using plugins to alter any aspect of the software, there might be something that already exists but it can be hard to search through. I would suggest asking on the English subforum of openatv if such a plugin exists.

A Raspberry Pi can also be configured for digital signage and use as a live TV frontend for a networked PVR TV server however thats a big job for just an info screen.

Maybe consider one of those Raspberry Pi digital photo frames and have that display your desired info (some can be updated via WiFI) and leave the TV as is with Freesat.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs of 2021, plus our favourite & memorable reviews of the year
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom