turn on ps3 with the controller??

I'm sure when I first got my ps3 I could switch it on by pressing the PS button on my controller. Now it's not working and I'm pretty sure it's since I've paired another controller to it :rolleyes:

what's the deal??

hmm, it's working again now!

weird problem, i panicked for a second i thought my ps3 was busted

Rob100

I've only got one controller and the BR remote and both can switch it on no problem.

Have you tried unpairing the 2nd controller to prove the point?

Sounds like a small bug. What did you do to get it workin again - switch off at the mains?

i didn't switch it off at the mains. to be honest, i switched it on with the button on the console, switched it off with the controller, then when I tried to turn it on with the PS button, it flashed (4 red lights) for a short while - this is what happened when I first tried it, but the console never came on - this time after about 15 seconds the console powered up

it seems to do it every time now too. does appear to be a bug, maybe i hadn't used the new controller to switch it off before, to be honest i can't remember (they both look the same :rotfl: )

sofasurfer

i didn't switch it off at the mains. to be honest, i switched it on with the button on the console, switched it off with the controller, then when I tried to turn it on with the PS button, it flashed (4 red lights) for a short while - this is what happened when I first tried it, but the console never came on - this time after about 15 seconds the console powered up

it seems to do it every time now too. does appear to be a bug, maybe i hadn't used the new controller to switch it off before, to be honest i can't remember (they both look the same :rotfl: )

Has happened to me a couple of times. Nothing to be worried about.

iddqd

One little gripe i have is, I wish the pad would turn itself off after a certain amount of inactivity.

The Gooner

if you use 2nd controller to switch on it will become number 1 pad, try this see if it solves it, i had it once, but I have had 2 pads since day 1 so cant see it being because you have 2 pads.

Agreed, both the Wii and 360 controllers do it.

it annoyed my when the wii controller turned off automatically - i'm quite able to turn off the ps3 controller when / if i need to, i don't see the point in this feature. The battery seems to last a very long time and charges up fully in a short time

iddqd

The Wii controller turns off a bit too quick, the 360 pad does it after the right duration though. There have been numerous times where I've left the PS3 quickly, only to come back a lot longer than I thought and the pad as been on all the time.

andytabor

its maybe just signal interferance from something else, my ps3 hasnt done it yet but my wii does it every so often and i think my 360 has done it a couple of times, annoying but i dont think anything to worry about.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom