Turkish friend

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
I made a turkish friend on a chatline the other day , young bloke of about 24. His English is not great but anyway as he seemd very freindly I gave him my Messenger address and we chatted away in there . He asks my age, then he wants to see a photo of me, then I tell him I am a goddfather to a lovely girl of 28 then he calls me Uncle Mike and then he asks me if I will be his goddfather, then I scuttle off rapidly:eek: My wife says "how sweet":confused: Now I may be an Argie by birth but I am still, err, well never mind.
Reminded me of ther time I sat in an Amsterdam bar completely mullared talking to this Iranian dentist also worse for wear. Next thing I know he has got his hand on my thigh:eek: and I am thinking somehting not quite right here. I am English we dont do that sort of thing with strangers. so I say to the barman "how do you say iam not gay in Iranian " where upon two screaming lesbians suddenly appear from nowhere and give me a load grief about homophobic and so on.:confused: Tried to reason with them but it was no good so I went to bed.
Unrelated of course apart from one thing - fear of male intimacy. Its got to do with the girlie in me trying to come out and me saying 'stay in your place'

Dave

Distinguished Member
:rotfl:

It seems that in a lot of middle eastern and north african countries, women are for babies and men are for fun.:eek:

A mate of mine was in Iraq for 6 months and he said it was rather common to have men offering "jiggy jiggy" for a few dollars and when I was in egypt it seemed to hold true but they were rather more discreet about it.

Different cultures I suppose.:rolleyes:

Garrett

Well stop cross dressing and you wont have these problems.:laugh:

Dave

Distinguished Member
Garrett said:
Well stop cross dressing and you wont have these problems.:laugh:
My mate had a fancy dress party and went as a "lady". After the party he went out in Dudley and some bloke started chatting him up so he turned round and said look mate, I'm a bloke and this guy just looked at him and said "yeah I know".:eek: :eek: :eek:

Time for a sharp exit.:rotfl:

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Daerve said:
My mate had a fancy dress party and went as a "lady". After the party he went out in Dudley and some bloke started chatting him up so he turned round and said look mate, I'm a bloke and this guy just looked at him and said "yeah I know".:eek: :eek: :eek:

Time for a sharp exit.:rotfl:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
It is a cultural thing especially in Asia minor Iran, Arab nations where th males are given to somewhat, in our eyes ,extravagant displays of affection:eek: Doenst mean they are gay though.
On slightly different note I was wwatching a Michael Buerk prog the other night aboiut the supposed feminisation of our society where supposed male traits such as competition aggression, restraint, rationalism and stoicism are taking a back foot in favour of more feminine traits such as empathy compassion touchy feeliness etc. This having come about as a result of man losing his traditional role in society and women now not being so dependant and basically calling the shots.Men pushing prams, doing shopping, caring and sharing, cleaning the house becoming house husbands- whatever next!Personally cant see anything wrong with that but poor old Buerky really does not like it at all.He even rolled out the usual rt wing social commentators such as Melanie Philips to support his case and another woman who said that whilst women welcomed their emancipation they did not find "new man" atrtractive much prefering laddish attitudes.oh well each to thier own!Frankly I cant see a problem. Th e way i see it is we all have a feminine and masculine side to us and its a question a maintaining a balance between the two and utlising whichever according to circumstances.Men are perfectly capable of fulfilling the rather more feminine roles such as child rearing ,becoming male au pairs ,air stewards ,cooking etc as well as roaring around a la hairy biker. Mind you I dont much care for metrosexual man ie the guy who preens depilates and applies whatever useless potions on his body as women have done for ages. But thats to do wirth vanity which I dislike.
Anyuway I disagree with old Buerky ! I think there are plenty of bastions of male supremacy that need challenging eg the boardroom and religion. In fact all religions are patriarchal as far as I can see . The sacred femenine has well and truly been surpressed. Women were clearly seen as a threat ( Eve for eg & Mary Magdalene) and therefore regulated and restrained.One would have to go to paganism to find a proper role for women.
As for the women who depsise new man, I have two words - get and stuffed!

mjn

Distinguished Member
la gran siete said:
Mind you I dont much care for metrosexual man ie the guy who preens depilates and applies whatever useless potions on his body as women have done for ages. But thats to do wirth vanity which I dislike.
As for the women who depsise new man, I have two words - get and stuffed!
There's nothing wrong with making an effort! At the end of the day, us men expect our women to perform certain maintenance, such waxing of the legs, painted nails, doing their hair, etc, so i don't see a problem with us men making an effort either.

But it is possible to make an effort and still be masculine....and women love that!

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Sorry but I prefer hairy biker to David Beckham. More natural! BTw I dislike women who are overly vain as well spending hours in front of mirrors etc but if they wish to leave their armpit hairs on thats fine by me as I find them quite sexy

Mr.The.Spoon

Novice Member
la gran siete said:
where upon two screaming lesbians suddenly appear from nowhere ... so I went to bed.
Any night where you end up in bed with two screaming lesbians can't be all that bad. :smashin:
Or did I read something that wasn't there :D

DJT75

Distinguished Member
A few years ago in Bangkok, :suicide: myself & 3 friends (all male) got back to our hotel in the early hours of the morning & decided a night cap was in order. The only bar open in the hotel was tiny little one in the basement which we had previously not even known existed. On entering this tiny bar we discovered a rather chubby young barman, a couple of older taxi driver looking chaps & a smartly dressed manager. Behind the manager was a giant glass wall separating us from 20 young thai ladies, not wearing much watching TV :thumbsup: A little amazed at what we had discovered in the basement of a pretty decent hotel we decided to stay for a drink & people watch. 2 hours went a handful of westerners came in, went into the room, chose a girl & disappeared for an hour. Beer got the better of 2 of my mates & they decided to join in with the fun (£20 & you got a scrub down in a bath & everything!!:) ) Myself & the other friend bottled it & stayed in the bar area talking football with the barman & one of these older blokes. Being a little worse for where I suddenly realised that the older guy had placed his hand on top of mine, i looked up & saw the chubby barman stroking my mates chest. We made a very sharp exit.

Now was that just being friendly or did they think because we didn't have the balls to go with the ladies they thought we were after something else?

Singh400

Distinguished Member
It's the culture believe me, I've been a India a few times, and they are alot more friendly (man-to-man) but they ain't gay (have you ever known a gay indian?)

DJT75

Distinguished Member
Singh400 said:
It's the culture believe me, I've been a India a few times, and they are alot more friendly (man-to-man) but they ain't gay (have you ever known a gay indian?)
Wasn't that bloke on big bruv indian? Shabaz or something

Harj

Novice Member
Yup, In India men are known to hold hands, its cultural, not gay, whereas hear in England, its seen as a gay thing. Definately something gay about arabs, have read alot of personal accounts in history books about the brits abroad, Afghanis have a fondness for boys apparently. Din;t Lawrence of Arabia get buggered?

indianwells

Singh400 said:
Rezza Muhammad the chef and TV personality is gay.If he's not then i'm Welsh.:)

Mrs AutomanUK

Novice Member
DJT75 said:
He was Pakistani, but with a Scottish accent.:confused:

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Definitely a cultural thing. There was time not long ago when the only permissable non vioent contact between men would've been the handshake, Nowdays best mates do indulge in the odd hug as a greeting or farewell and there even be a peck on the stubble:eek: If drunk enough mawkish babblings may be in order. Sort of like "you're my bestest mate" , 'yes ok your drunk Julian' It could even extend to divesting oneself of ones clothes and streaking across their lawn just to shock the neighbours and scare the horses.Eerr too much info me thinks.:suicide:

Singh400

Distinguished Member
DJT75 said:
Yes, but he is orignally from Pakistan.
Harj said:
Yup, In India men are known to hold hands, its cultural, not gay, whereas hear in England, its seen as a gay thing. Definately something gay about arabs, have read alot of personal accounts in history books about the brits abroad, Afghanis have a fondness for boys apparently. Din;t Lawrence of Arabia get buggered?
:rotfl: I still cringe when I remember back to the time my cousin tried to hold my hand, boy did that freak me out. I was like "err what the **** do I do here...." in the end I explained to him that in England, this wasn't the norm etc etc.
indianwells said:
Rezza Muhammad the chef and TV personality is gay.If he's not then i'm Welsh.
Again, from Pakistan.
Ian J said:
Doesn't count, American Indian :p

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
Daerve said:
*Pedantic mode on*

I think you'll find that's "native american":D
Not red Indians?:confused:

Mr.D

Distinguished Member
There is a lot of this non-homosexual , male to male sex in the middle east . Its very common for men to do the nasty with each other , young boys especially sought after as their laws for relationships with women are so restrictive.

Doing the shtooping is seen as far less demeaning than being the "mary" as it were. Bizarrely this practise is not even considered to be overtly homosexual.

Many men over there have had sex with other men before marriage. Their intial sexual experience is predominately with other men rather than women.

However an acknowledged homosexual is regarded as someone offensive and depraved .

Its very bizarre , and very unsettling especially when seeming straight , married middle aged men behave in a way that suggests they want to get into your kecks.

la gran siete

Distinguished Member
I am beginning to wonder about little turkish friend:confused: :eek: He has been Messaging me every night.Mind you he has got a girlfriend so maybe I shouldnt be so worried