• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Turkey Holiday - Best Beaches?

ap69

Established Member
Hi
Thinking of going to Turkey for a beach-based holiday.

Can anyone advise where the best beaches are? Must have golden sand (not shingles or dark sand), and turquoise calm water !

Not asking much I know :)

Heard good things about Olu Deniz. Any other recommendations, e.g. Belek?

Cheers

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I went to Belek several years ago (acutally more like over a decade).

Wouldn't have called it golden sand. OK it was better than Skegness but from memory it was pretty ordinary, as was the water. Warm though.

homer timpson

Prominent Member
Olu Deniz is spectacular - and the crowds too ;)

Check out Patara - miles and miles of sand - it is an important turtle reserve, a small section of it has been allowed to be developed by the local village to serve tourism.

Check it out.

My favourite port of call is the patara viewpoint hotel - they run a free tractor trailer service every day if you want to access the beach as opposed to the hotel pool - very good option as the beach is a good 20 minute walk from the village.

Best of both worlds really - with Kalkan a 20 minute dolmus away if you want a European buzz and nightlife.

Homer

ps

Airport transfer time is 90 minutes - but it is in a private 15 seater min van or private car depending on the number in your group. They pick you up at arrivals and you are out of the airport in minutes - no waiting around for dozens of other people and no countless hotel stops either :clap:

Last edited:

GuitarGuy

Distinguished Member
If I were you I'd be careful to stay east, on the west side there was a lot of issues between turkey and Syria so yeah lol, wouldn't want any Syrian fighter jets landing on your beach on fire ;). But yeah take a look at sile, it's north east of Istanbul, bout an hours drive (if you drive like a true Turk ;) )

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom