1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning Subs

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by Stonedragon, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Stonedragon

Stonedragon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can anyone tell me how to tune a sub. I hear a lot of talk about SPL meters and the like and I dont have a clue what you guys are talking about, but would like to be educated.

Anybody fancy giving me an overview on calibrating my system :lesson: , using an SPL and secondlyl where I can get one from? I tried RicherSounds but they dont stock them.

BTW, I'm the guy that owns the Vibe (I posted earlier in the week) who also wanted to listen to the hallowed SVS. Strangely nobody has come back to me for a possible test (I live in London). Have all you SVS owners suddenly got shy?

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    London is a big place and you could usefully break in down into North, South east or West London unless you don't mind travelling.

Many people don't read every thread but only those that they feel may interest them by the title. I suggest that you start a thread headed something like "Anyone demo me an SVS in London" and see if that catches anyone's attention.

3. Stonedragon

Stonedragon
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Ian thanks for the advice. I'll give that a go over the next couple of days :)