1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tuning in satellite picture

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by John G, Jul 21, 2005.

1. John G

John G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I have just bought a Panasonic 17 inch Viera to replace my old portable in the kitchen. The problem is that the tuning facility isn't picking up the satellite picture. It seems to be connected OK because the Magic Eye is working ( I can use it to change channel in another room ).
    Any suggestions please.
    Thanks, John

2. Andy3

Andy3
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hi John - we had the same problem with our bedroom set, a 17" Grundig LCD. On auto-tune, it couldn't see the output from our video recorder! It found everything else, but it refused to have anything to do with the VCR. I tried manual tuning, which found the signal on ch28, but it gave us the sound without picture.
    I had to rewire the system and put the video on a composite feed! Very odd.
    I suspect this is not the answer you are looking for, as you want a simple RF feed to the Pana.
    Our new JVC LCD in the lounge found the video no problem. I've still not got my head around this..... :suicide:

3. John G

John G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    Andy, thanks for your reply. I have even tried to manual tune the set but to no avail. Not sure what to do !
    John