TuneIn restrictions??

stblob

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. whats up with TuneIn? This station is not available in your country??? All of the sudden, what's that all about? The end of TuneIn?

Same here through youtube acc played on google home,It started a few weeks back with my local radio station in Ireland,can still get national Irish radio stations,listening in London.

"This station is not available in your country"
On both my Android phones, Marantz AVR, Ipad and my laptop. Seems to be all foreign stations.
This appears to be only with TuneIn. The station apps and websites work fine.
Something to do with a court case with Sony Music and Warner Music!!! Saying TuneIn is in some form of breach???
Really!!!

It's as you say following a court case by the likes of Warner Music and Sony against Tunein (last year's judgment is here).

Currently seems to apply to Tunein, and one or two others that rely on their database as a minimum, but no one else. A few stations are not available outside their home country, but most are still available both on Tunein's competitors and directly on the internet.

It does mean that anything that uses Tunein is now only useful for UK stations in the UK.

Gutted, All80's station I listen to a lot on Sonos now wont play, not sure where its based tbh

Haven't Denon/Marantz just switched to TuneIn after the vTuner fiasco?

Same problem here. Tunein on my Onkyo receiver now useless. Why don't Tunein just pay their bloody licence fee.

Simple Radio has them all. Makes me realize that an AV should have apps we could download, that way you could just choose what streaming service suits. Not just Tunein, Last FM, Deezer and so on.
The chrome cast is a joke also, hardly ever connects or drops the connection.

Simple Radio has them all. Makes me realize that an AV should have apps we could download, that way you could just choose what streaming service suits. Not just Tunein, Last FM, Deezer and so on.
The chrome cast is a joke also, hardly ever connects or drops the connection.
I agree matey. Have you checked for firmware update? Because the chromecast on my receiver was dreadful until a recent update.

I'll have a look. I know chrome cast works because I can cast to my Panasonic soundbar in the kitchen/conservatory and it works well.

Haven't Denon/Marantz just switched to TuneIn after the vTuner fiasco?
They have and now they have the same problem for the second time.
As it is, no Marantz (and Danon) receivers have independent or full internet radio functionality.
It is sad that Marantz leaves their loyal customers high and dry, and strange that some other companies found a future-proof solution.
Sound United are expanding their portfolio but doing their best to damage reputation of brands they have purchased and destroy loyal customer base.

Not exactly Sound United fault tho, is it? I blame it on the music industry, its Warner and Sony music that did this.
But then again, a suppose its part of the " smart " ecosystem. Out of date in a few years.

Not exactly Sound United fault tho, is it? I blame it on the music industry, its Warner and Sony music that did this.
But then again, a suppose its part of the " smart " ecosystem. Out of date in a few years.
Sound Unite is selling a product and promote some of its features. Internet radio being one of them.
Sound Unite signs a contract with a third party solution provider to provide indexing and library for them, to be used with their products.
Sign United has contractual issues with one supplier (vTuner) after that enters into collaboration with another provider (TueIn) and they have intellectual property issued with pretty much everyone and their cousin.
I do not understand how is this fault of music industry.
Oh, lest I forget, Sound Unite all of a sudden says that vTuner (and now TuneIOn) is OUR provider, not their partner.
Strangely, Yamaha, Bose and many other companies found a way to avoid these contractual problems and intellectual property issues. Are they existing in another ecosystem?

Now BBC local radio stations not available via Tunein , just gets worse....

One can still get it on (advertisement supported) app, which appears to be the only way to get all the content without frequent and quite irritating interruptions.

The Hifi Cast app in Google Playstore may help some folks. It will Chromecast radio streams from your phone etc. to a receiver. You can add custom url's (BBC) by going to favourites tab and clicking the three dots. It also has Shoutcast radio.

it is probably easier to get an external tuner that has a reliable indexing and library service it uses. Streaming from phone to receiver is an option, but does not always result in best sound

it is probably easier to get an external tuner that has a reliable indexing and library service it uses. Streaming from phone to receiver is an option, but does not always result in best sound
You've tried it then? No? Okay, whatever.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom