TuneIN Radio

shabbadoof13

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Just wanted to recommend this application to anyone interested in Radio and has an iphone. You can listen to stations all around the world, bookmark your favourites, but the biggest upside is that you can record shows straight to your iphone to be listened to later...

I'll second that. I've tried other radio apps which have all been flawed or not been able to find stations. This app is excellent and user friendly, recommended

Can recordings be transferred to iTunes or PC ?

In which file directory does the app store recordings on the ipod ?

yeah tis a great app (very similar to wunder radio but record great option) and if you use it with backgrounder off cydia you can still use the iphone as well awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Has anyone found that their TuneIn Radio app shuts down after a few minutes playing, whether on Wi-Fi or 3G? My phone is jailbroken and I've tried respringing, removing all background apps and a hard reset. Nothing seems to work. Am I the only one?

I'm jailbroken and use TuneIn a fair bit and had no issues like the ones you mention. Worth deleting it from the phone and reinstalling from iTunes again?

I did try reinstalling on my iPhone. Will connect it to my computer and redownload TuneIn that way and see if I have better luck. Cheers.

I was out in the garden all day sunday listening to one of my local stations and only every now and again it would drop for a second or so as if buffereing,but talking like 2 or 3 times over a 5 hour period so I can live with that:smashin::smashin:

I love this app, and tend to stick on an obscure ambient station when I go to bed to chill out to:boring:

To try and answer a few of the above questions:

I've just played a station for 15 minutes via WiFi without problems.

Here's a Q&A from the Tune In Support site.
"The app crashes consistently on my iPhone 4. Why is this happening?
If you've jailbroken your iPhone 4 and installed the Cyntact add-on, the app will crash randomly due to a problem with the add-on. Try removing Cyntact to resolve the problem".

The recordings are stored in:
User Applications -> TuneIn Radio -> Documents.

And each recording will be inside it's own folder.
But, each recording is split into <file number>0, <file number>1, <file number>2 etc.
So I don't know if it's possible to copy them a PC and maybe compile them into one file and rename it as a .mp3 file.

Looks like Cyntact is my problem then. Thanks Some Bloke.

yeah tis a great app (very similar to wunder radio but record great option) and if you use it with backgrounder off cydia you can still use the iphone as well awesome :thumbsup::thumbsup:

you can now minimise TuneIn on an non JB iphone, that happened with an update a while ago.

It's a superb app, definitely one of my favourites. :smashin:

I'd pay for a direct port onto my PC too I think its a great app

and find it much easier to find radio I like on my Iphone than on my PC

mind you I listened to a bit too much radio earlier in month and for last days have had to take internet usage carefully on my Iphone as 980mb into a 1gb allowance lol

I just downloaded this app last night and was dissapointed to see you can't fast forward through a show, any way to do this or go directly to say, 60 minutes into something? Any other apps that will do this?

Beancounter said:
I just downloaded this app last night and was dissapointed to see you can't fast forward through a show, any way to do this or go directly to say, 60 minutes into something? Any other apps that will do this?

These are all live radio stations, so you can't really fast-forward in any of them.

Time travel is one of the few things where there's still no app for that :)

These are all live radio stations, so you can't really fast-forward in any of them.

Time travel is one of the few things where there's still no app for that :)

:laugh: I dare say Apple are working on it though:D

IK was meaning on the listen again programmes. I like Popmaster on the Ken Bruce show but can't get forward to the hour point to hear that.

:) I see what you mean, the app doesn't seem to seek on that stream, but does on others. I guess it's not prepared to seek in that protocol or something like that.

Maybe a solution could be to listen to that show using the BBC iPlayer app? That one does allow seeking.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom