• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

TUC Gets first female leader

swall101

Ah yes, the tories of course are a bastion of sexism and would never have a female leader.

It's all Thatchers fault.

Who mentioned Tories.... I said Dave....

Maybe you are judging us by your own morality:hiya:

travid

Distinguished Member
Every organisation has or certainly had, institutional sexism,EVERY one of them.

Its crosses all classes, beliefs, cultures and even political leanings. Its probably one of the only things to unite society, albeit in a damaging and negative way.

I remember when female prison officers were introduced, into male establishments, in 1987, The immediate reaction, in our most macho of proffesions, was one of horror and cries of "it will never work". Here we are in 2012 and prison officers are just that i.e. not distinguished by their sex.

Those organisations that still do this are sad, breaking the law and need to be challenged. A "toff" from Eton or a union born on a council estate, it really makes no odds.

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
I thought Thatcher herself was the first female leader of the TUC? She certainly told them what to do and where to go in no uncertain terms.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom